Ok Brothers and Sisters

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
We finally got a break in the weather, sunny and warm, although a bit windy. We are planning to ride later today after we get some things done around the house the and roads dry up. This is the first time she has been on a bike since her motorcycle safety course on the 1st and 2nd of December. She has her license and full gear. I want to let her ride ahead of me and set the pace. We have Chatterboxes, but she does not want me talking to her until she if comfortable, any advice for me to help her today? I dont want to make her nervous because of me, she is already nervous and excited. Just gear up and let her lead? Maybe I am trying to make myself feel better, I dont know. But she does not want to get on any highways for now, no problem, we are sticking to back roads with less traffic and plan to take a nice easy pace. Again, any last minute advice for those of you that ride with your wife or any ladies have any advice for Juli? Thank you everyone!

Let her lead. Lead the pace. Stay back far enuff not to crowd,but close enuff not to let cages get behind her. Tell her not to pay to much attention to her mirrors(looking for you) more focus on the road ahead.
Excitement leads to a drop in energy level real fast...dont let her ride when she gets exhausted (she will).

RSD.

Well said, RSD. pretty much exactly the same advice I was going to give. Definitely make it a short rode, like under 30 minutes or so. Then take a break (maybe for lunch) and then go some more, until shes feeling tired.

best of luck, and please be safe.

Thanks guys, didnt think about her getting tired. She is not used to pushing around a bike, very good point.

Man I bet she is pumped... I am sure she will do just fine.. she got up and down the gap like a champ on the pillion so a set of handlebars should go just fine
smile.gif

pics pics pics.......

Take the pics AFTER the ride. no need to make her any more nervous than she may already be....

Think RSD hit it on the head. Let her get comfortable without forcing anything. If she needs help I'm sure she'll ask.

My son and I had been riding dirt all day. When we hit the roads going back to the truck I let him lead so he could set the pace. He alost blew a turn, he was so tired. I got in front to slow him down. It's amazing just how fast you can lose concentration when you get tired.

Great advice so far. Just give her time to get comfortable. She'll be fine.

I would avoid any high-traffic areas. Stay on some nice back roads.

I am still waiting on her to get home from her hair appointment, then we are off. I have completed the pre ride inspections, and took her bike for a test ride. I raised her bars(Thanks Doyle!) and lowered the front end, I also lowered the rear. She is flat footed now, but I wanted to make sure I didnt mess anything up after moving the fork tubes and upper clamp. The bike is smooth on the ride, but the gear shifter is stiff, might be my new riding boots, they are hard as heck. Her bike only has 30 miles on it now. I took Sally for a spin too, I had no idea how much I missed riding my busa! This will be a great day. I forgot to mention, this is the first time I have worn my full set of new leather, its going to suck breaking this stuff in.

I am still waiting on her to get home from her hair appointment, then we are off. I have completed the pre ride inspections, and took her bike for a test ride. I raised her bars(Thanks Doyle!) and lowered the front end, I also lowered the rear. She is flat footed now, but I wanted to make sure I didnt mess anything up after moving the fork tubes and upper clamp. The bike is smooth on the ride, but the gear shifter is stiff, might be my new riding boots, they are hard as heck. Her bike only has 30 miles on it now. I took Sally for a spin too, I had no idea how much I missed riding my busa! This will be a great day. I forgot to mention, this is the first time I have worn my full set of new leather, its going to suck breaking this stuff in.
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I forgot to mention, this is the first time I have worn my full set of new leather, its going to suck breaking this stuff in.[/quote]

Sounds stoopid,but wear them alot.Not just on the bike.Sitting watching tv,doing some chores,wrenching in the garage,etc etc. they'll break in faster that way.

RSD.

LOL, I have been wearing them since noon, its hot in the house! You made me laugh RSD! I dont have my jacket on, then I would have to go outside!

please dont forget to tell her to watch for all the stuff on the roads left over from the ice storms you guys have gotten, salt etc. be safe

Back