Oil Leak, I think its oil cooler hoses

psyops

Registered
I havent taken off the fairings yet but the oil cooler hose on the right side was a little burnt from touching the header. I never thought anything of it since i figured it had cleared it and was no longer in danger or burning allt he way through. But today I sprang an oil lead and its coming from somewhere on that side. Has anyone had any problems with these hoses. I have full Brocks alien head system. Thanks

no issues yet with my full system brocks streetmeg i installed recently. I didn't have any clearance issues and the pipes clear all the oil lines. Have u done an oil change recently and removed the lower oil line to get the filter out? If so, maybe that's leaking. If your pipe is resting directly against the rubber portion of the oil line then i would say there is a good chance it burnt right through it

Yes, I have a full Hindle system & it rubbed a hole in one of the oil cooler lines. I thought it was the stator cover, oil pan etc. I replaced the line & wrapped it w/ header wrap & then used a metal wire tie to hold it back just a little more. It has been fine for 2 years now.

I have the exact system you have and had the exact same thing happen. it was the hose on the right side. not sure why. didnt think it was rubbing on anything but same here

Yup, thanks for the tips guys. I took the Fairings off this morning and started the bike up and sure enough about 1/4 of a quart of oil came out that hose in about 5 seconds of being started. Easy fix!

I have the exact system you have and had the exact same thing happen. it was the hose on the right side. not sure why. didnt think it was rubbing on anything but same here
Hey did you end up finding the part? I’m in need of it right now. I’m not even sure what they call it. Looks like this

C4D6B598-36F6-4786-BDD0-74764BDBF431.jpeg

B9DBCDF9-14FF-4557-B69A-942D74CE69F9.jpeg

My Yosh system didn't have any clearance issues. When I installed the Brocks system I did have to clearance the oil line on the left side of the bike. Dint recall having to move any lines on the right side. Except when I change the oil I have to unbolt an oil line to remove the oil filter. Didn't have to do that with the Yash system.

Back