Oil Leak From Clutch Rod.

Gunther Bump

Registered
Ok I just did a full sprocket and chain swap and had resistance removing the counter sprocket cover but that's not the issue.

After replacing the sprocket and chain I cleaned and lubed and went for a test till roll through the neighborhood. I cone back to the smell of oil burning. It's leaking from the slot that the rod runs through for the clutch, I'm not sure if the technical name.

Are there any remedies anyone knows our am I going to have to get the bike torn down and replace a seal somewhere. also I have some photos of what im referencing here.

Thanks in advance

20160215_170622.jpg

Pic is too small for my eyes, but I know what you are talking about.......To fix it right you have to split the cases and replace the seal. Make sure the rod is greased real good.

Ok I just did a full sprocket and chain swap and had resistance removing the counter sprocket cover but that's not the issue.

After replacing the sprocket and chain I cleaned and lubed and went for a test till roll through the neighborhood. I cone back to the smell of oil burning. It's leaking from the slot that the rod runs through for the clutch, I'm not sure if the technical name.

Are there any remedies anyone knows our am I going to have to get the bike torn down and replace a seal somewhere. also I have some photos of what im referencing here.

Thanks in advance

I think there were some guys who tried to replace it from the outside. The only real remedy is to split the cases and replace it.

Dam. That's what I wasn't wanting to hear. And yeah I had slid the rod out and cleaned the chain gunk off it before closing up the bike. Didn't think about oiling the rod before putting it back.

And splitting the cases obviously means removing the motor as well.. (-_-) looks like the bike will be in the bedroom for a while then

I personally wouldn't put grease on it either. That's just going to attract dirt. It also comes in direct contact with your engine oil, so take that as you will. Good luck.

Back