Oil leak !!!! Help

Duke1340

Registered
I have 10,000 + miles on my 08 Busa... Went out to garage and noticed a little oil spot on the floor ... Began taking fairings off and notice oil is coming from left rear of my oil pan. Its a very slow leak, but dont want it to get worse !!!!! WTF What to do ?

Have you replaced it lately? Can you try to tighten the oil pan bolts to proper specs? (Dont over tighten and strip).

Not sure what could have caused it. Are you sure it is coming from the pan and not somewhere running down?

Its the pan ..I cleaned the area and waited til this morning and its from the rear left corner of the pan .

Be patient, someone else will chime in soon. But it sounds like you need a new pan gasket.

Be patient, someone else will chime in soon. But it sounds like you need a new pan gasket.

Agreed. Assuming there are no cracks, and you haven't mentioned any trauma to the crankcase, so I assume that's unlikely, just remove the pan and put a new gasket on.

When you cleaned it did you notice any damage to the pan or case, or was it just oil. If it was just oil then get yourself a new pan gasket and slap her on.

What kind of oil/lube are you using on the chain? Is it possible that you have oil running down from the front sprocket and dripping off the pan?

The chain lube was the first thing I checked ....its coming from the oil pan ....

2011-06-10_08-46-12_515.jpg

I am not sure why this thread is still running. The gasket has failed. Drop the pan, slap on a new one, tighten to spec, fill up with oil, ride!

Back