Oil Leak Noticed During A/H Install

BLUR

Registered
So I'm putting the Yosh R-77 Carbon on the shelf and throwing on a Brocks Alien head.
Picture001.jpg

And I noticed what I thought was the gasket of my oil pan leaking, but it's coming from higher up on the front left, lower side of the engine. But I'm not sure what this is and if I can tighten it. If I undo the "clamp", can I tighten the screw with a flathead screwdriver or is this gonna throw something out?

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thanks for any advice.
Dave

On another note. There was a previous post about Yosh springs melting and I noticed four of mine were melted a bit after 2k miles of use.
Picture002.jpg

HOLD the Press!!!

Is that a black muffler end on your AH.

PLEASE tell me that's from Brocks that way now....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i got an oil leak too. looked like the filter. tightened the filer and still leaks. im starting to think oil pan gasket but idk. gonna have to take a weekend to take everything off and find out where its coming from. very small leak

Yep. I just saw Blanca's post the other day with the black end cap. I ordered the black coated A/H off Brock's website not expecting to get the black end cap, but sure enough it's there! :thumbsup:

Yep. I just saw Blanca's post the other day with the black end cap. I ordered the black coated A/H off Brock's website not expecting to get the black end cap, but sure enough it's there! :thumbsup:

Wow, I am even closer to making my decision!!!:bowdown:

Thanks man!

Try to tighten the bolts of the hose which transfers oil from the crankcase to the camshafts (black hose).Mine where loose.???

Check your drain plug also, I though I had a leak from that same side only from where the oil line meets the case. Turned out it was from my drain plug and the air flow was blowing the oil on the inside of the left fairing and that side of the engine.

I wiped it and it's definatley coming from the area I pointed out. After consulting the service manual, it appears to be weeping oil from the balancer shaft o-ring. I will back it out slightly, clean, inspect, put some permatex on the o-ring if it's good and follow the procedure for tightening it back in. Godspeed!

hmmm my leak might be from the drain plug. might have been too cautious and not tightened it enough. thanks for the bit of info! :beerchug:

That is you crank counter balance adjuster. The o-ring may be getting worn.

Dont turn the dial you are pointing to..it adjusts you crank counter balancer.

edit..........see you already found that out. Good luck.

Last edited:
Pulled the balancer out an inch, cleaned and smeared ultra copper permatex on it and slid it back in. By the manual: Tighten clockwise until it stops; Back off 1.5 to 2 graduations; Tighten the "pinch bolt". If it runs rough, it says turn the balancer one graduation more or less from original location to reduce gear noise. It ended up right at the factory setting backing it off 1.75. Bike runs good, no more oil leak!

Back