oil leak after winterizing 2010 busa

Yes , you can see the hole in the head casting under the exhaust port in your photo- Designed to drain water that may get into the sparkplug wells. Weeps oil out of those same holes when one or more of the sparkplug tower seals are leaking. Each of the four exhaust ports has one. I don't think you have a well seal leaking. Happened when filling the cylinders with oil.

219012d1304459008-oil-leak-after-winterizing-2010-busa-hb2.jpg

so the oil that was sitting on top of each piston was ejected out through those holes when i spun the back wheel causing it to rise high enough to go past that hole?:please:

Well he must live near me in Calgary at those temps. Just as everyone said overkill. I put mine on stands throw in stabilizer start it, put battery tender on and every chinook we get I start it till its time to ride. Ive lived here since 85 with a motorcycle and thats all I've ever done.

When I winterize my bike for the winter months, the only thing i do is change the oil, clean and oil the chain, fill the tank with gas and put stabalizer in it, wash and wax.

so the oil that was sitting on top of each piston was ejected out through those holes when i spun the back wheel causing it to rise high enough to go past that hole?:please:

Looks dry up there to me so I want to take my post back and log off. :laugh:

If you have a battery tender on your bike, you should not start your bike during its hibernation. You're just creating more condensation that you can not burn off.

If you have a battery tender on your bike, you should not start your bike during its hibernation. You're just creating more condensation that you can not burn off.

Plus you're doing Hard Cold starts that are unnecessary. Best compromise is to do the following.

Change the oil
Clean/Lube chain
Wash/Wax the bike (optional)
Leave Battery on tender
Leave it on stands (or move it every week)

Done..

Back