oil change problem

adamnflorida

Registered
Im doing my first oil change on my 2012 and ran into a problem. The oil filter will NOT come out between the header,block and oil cooler hose. I ended up having to pull the hose off to get the filter out, which is going to suck to do every time.. :banghead:

Any body else have this problem? I didnt have this problem with my last akrapovic pipe... I wonder why the new one is so close..???

20130111_194144Medium_zps1df0254c.jpg

20130111_194150Medium_zpsa8b4082d.jpg

20130111_194159Medium_zps46df1d1a.jpg

I've got a set of Brocks oil cooler lines ill sell for $125 TYD. You won't ever have to deal with this problem again because the hoses are braided stainless

Yes there is another post about this and re using the o ring!

Nothing you can do,

I literally just changed the oil on my 09 and thought that was a pain. I have an akro 4-2-1 exhaust coming next week so thankfully I got her changed before I changed the exhaust :lol: good post, now I don't have to panic when I have no choice but to remove the cooler line next season

I've got a set of Brocks oil cooler lines ill sell for $125 TYD. You won't ever have to deal with this problem again because the hoses are braided stainless

Thank you! but i think ,for now anyways, i will just keep taking that line off. but thank you though.

Yes there is another post about this and re using the o ring!

Nothing you can do,

yea John, i made sure i kept the oil ring in there..I figured if i am going to have to take this off everytime,i should probably order a couple of those o- rings to keep around just in case.

I literally just changed the oil on my 09 and thought that was a pain. I have an akro 4-2-1 exhaust coming next week so thankfully I got her changed before I changed the exhaust :lol: good post, now I don't have to panic when I have no choice but to remove the cooler line next season

yea,it really wasnt bad to do, but i just wasnt expecting it at all..it kinda pissed me off to think that i paid that much money for a pipe and they didnt think about this issue.lol.

its really not bad at all...just a little more time...

yea,exactly. no worries..as long as that line doesnt start to leak. :whistle:

Only with a few pipes!

Thanks John...been out of the busa world for too long..wasnt expecting this problem is all...i remember back when i used to ride, the sidewinder exhaust had the same issue and i always told myself i would never get that type of exhaust bc of that reason and here i am :laugh:

Thanks everyone.

Just buy a single ss line, replace your o rings once and you are done. Single line cost me $75 with shipping.
Considering the cost... it's a lot lees hassle, saves time, and do you really want to risk all the stress on the mount/cooler line constantly taking off and putting it back on?

I have to remove my line also on my Akropovic..

Are you guys serious? Whining about removing two bolts?:boohoo:
Also when ya have the oil cooler line removed blow all the oil oil from the cooler you would be surprised on how much comes out.

Well i drop my filter down and rotate it 90 degrees and it barely squeezes through the 90 degree bend in the oil line and outside down tube.

I have to remove my line also on my Akropovic..

Are you guys serious? Whining about removing two bolts?:boohoo:
Also when ya have the oil cooler line removed blow all the oil oil from the cooler you would be surprised on how much comes out.

Lmao...not whining..just wasnt expecting it..it was my first oil change on the new bike and didnt expect to run into it is all. For now on,i will just be prepared with a 5mm allen is all. Thanks.

Back