Oil filter change

None of them have a problem. If you can get the fairing off, you can get the filter out. Either lift the filter up over the cooler and slip it through or take an extra minute and remove the lower cooler line (wo bolts and it slips out of the way and right back on).... ;)

The bike is a piece of cake to work on once you understand how the fairings work...

None of them have a problem. If you can get the fairing off, you can get the filter out. Either lift the filter up over the cooler and slip it through or take an extra minute and remove the lower cooler line (wo bolts and it slips out of the way and right back on).... ;)

The bike is a piece of cake to work on once you understand how the fairings work...

I guess we have different definitions of "problem". I consider it a problem to remove a cooler line if I don't have too with other manufactures. I believe the full system from Yosh has this problem and because of it I would look at different full exhaust systems if I was in the market for one. :2cents:

This thread may help you though if you decide to go with the yosh full exhaust.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/112591-fixed-oil-filter-issue-yosh-full-exhaust.html

I have the Yosh full system and the oil cooler line has never been off. Not even to install the headers. Take the bolt out of the oil cooler bracket thats in the middle of the 2-3 header pipe and slip the filter out. Replace filter and put cooler bracket bolt back in. Done.
The fairings are the hard part until you get it down.

I have the Tsukigi cannon and the filter is a tight fit, but does go through without removing anything. The fairing is the hard part for sure but after a couple times it get much easier.

On my r77 I do have to remove the cooler line to get the filter off! But it isnt hard. 2 bolts.

Back