oil change on the 06

Quality control. The damn things have been known to come apart in application and fill up your oil with paper particles.

Use it if you want but let us know when you have crap in your engine as a warning to the rest of us! :D

:poke: :D :D

--Wag--

No Fram filters in ANY of my vehicles - EVER!
Their filters ar of substandard quality and effectiveness. Many articles have been written regarding filter comparo studies. Google is your friend.

CW

use tin foil and wrap the pipes to avoid the "burn off" phase after the change. plus, it's less clean up.

why all the people hating on fram filters? This is the first i've heard bad about them. my family has ran them on our bikes no problems in the past. what is going on?

One of the techs at the shop I use to work at decided to do a lot of research on oil filters one time. Spent several days reading reaviews and things like that and what he found was that the fram filter was the worst filter on the market. Horrible filtering and they come apart. I don't remember which was the best but I remember him saying it was one of the least expensive. The Ams oil filter would have been the best but it didn't have enough element. He said it has the best element, but doesn't have enough of it.

The OEM filter is not considered the best of the best of the best but it's so good that it doesn't make sense to put anything else on it.

--Wag--

You know the best filter for it is the one made just for it the Suzuki stock one it is the same as I have herd about the air filter there is even a post about how the stock air filter out performs the K&N. Suzuki di all of their research for some reason:rulez:

Back