oil change

shady08798

Registered
i have a 05 busa its lowered and stretched and i always have trouble getting under the bike to change the oil ive tried using my front and rear stands ive tried raising the bike all the way back up and also putting the front end up on a ramp which just doesnt allow all the oil to drain does anyone have any ideas to help me out

:welcome:Welcome to the org

you could try "hanging" the bike...{ratchet straps , rope and pulley}

i thought about that my work truck has a lift on the back with 2 forks that stick out like a fork lift which are a good distance apart i know it will be able to lift the bike i just didnt know if it was safe lifting the bike or if it would bend or break anything

mines lowered 2" in the rear...theres a dip and a hump in a buddys driveway that gives me just enough clearance to get the drain pan under the headers, while still keeping the bike level. I put a block of wood under the kickstand (because of the dip). take a closer look at your driveway, you may get lucky:beerchug:

i thought about that my work truck has a lift on the back with 2 forks that stick out like a fork lift which are a good distance apart i know it will be able to lift the bike i just didnt know if it was safe lifting the bike or if it would bend or break anything

Rear grab bar and under triple tree will be good. less then 250 lbs / point...

Last edited:
ok ill give that a try i know i lifted the back by the grab bar when i did the lowering links thanks for the advice:thumbsup:

Mine is lowered an inch in the front, 3 hole dogbones in the rear, low as it will go. I use a low profile drain pan, put the rear on a stand, hasn't been a problem. I take the side fairings off...
FWIW consider buying a flat oil pan, especially if you race the bike. The stock pan will break if you come down hard on a low bike....

how much are the flat pans i thought about it buy my bike doesnt lift any higher then 2 3 inchs when the juice comes on

If you can do it safely, elevate the stands on something somehow? maybe? big blocks of wood? dig a hole in the ground to put the pan in?

Same issue here, was looking for some ideas. I think straddling some sort of dip such as at the end of a driveway is the easiest and safest way (consider traffic of course). Also want the drain plug to be the lowest point so lifting the front or the rear may not be optimal to completely drain the pan.

Same issue here, was looking for some ideas. I think straddling some sort of dip such as at the end of a driveway is the easiest and safest way (consider traffic of course). Also want the drain plug to be the lowest point so lifting the front or the rear may not be optimal to completely drain the pan.
and yes I just resurrected a 13 year old thread LOL but it's still an issue

I’ve always placed mine on stands

99D692C6-060B-4A7D-9FA3-5A79604CDC6B.jpeg

Me too, but with it lowered 3" there isn't a lot of room under it.
I think i found a pan today tho that will work. I'll find out tomorrow

This is what I use. Very thin and still holds a couple oil changes. Not messy to use either. Slides right under.

Back