First oil change on the 06

i'm gana be picking up some mobile 1 4t this friday and probably going to stop and get the suzuki filter on the way home. now i don't have a stand or spools yet. what is my best option to do this oil change? I had spools on my 600 so oil changes were easy but i haven't gotten the tiem or money yet to order up some spools and a stand. (there next on my mod list!) also i don't have a haynes manual yet so how much oil does this beast take?

kromdom

wannabe HOON
Donating Member
Registered
you should be able to do an oil change with just the side stand. can't remember if 4 quarts are needed.

It would be better if you had a rear stand. I just did my first oil change and with out the stand it would have been hard to do the oil change. If you change the filter you will need ALMOST 4 quarts.

i hate fulling the fairing and my oil pan is quite tall i know i have anouther some where but it seems to have dissapeared any suggestions where i might be able to get anouther lower profile drainpan?

i hate fulling the fairing and my oil pan is quite tall i know i have anouther some where but it seems to have dissapeared any suggestions where i might be able to get anouther lower profile drainpan?
Use one of your wifes baking pans thats what i did i couldnt find a pan low enough with the bike on the kickstand.

sorry not married lol but i did find a pan at autozone when i picked up the oil got her all done and took it for a test spin I'm almost possitive the level is right but its hard to check by your self. altho i did manage to stab my finger once with a screwdriver and sratch a very little of the sticker pulling hte fairing off now i know what to watch for next time i do this :(

wrap tin foil around your pipes below the filter prior to removing it. you will thank me later:)

i've changed my oil a few times on the kickstand. no issues. i just drain it into a big owl i got from walmart for a couple bucks since my container wont fit under it on the kickstand. just pour it in the container once its out and i'm good to go.

Owl? got pics?
And you are right about wrapping the pipes! I think I read somewhere on here to do that....and do it at someone elses house in case you spill oil everywhere....and don't run over a quart of oil when moving your car because it is to close to the bike...all things I have learned here at the org. :rofl:

yup right side only the filters only on the right side. it was easy but now i know for future reference to take my time pulling the fairing cuz i scratched it a bit