Ohlins fork question

murphc13

Registered
Hi all.Just fitted these babies to the bike.Im not sure if 1:these are spacers and 2:if they are should they be left there.
Can someone chime in please
The caliper bolts are only holding on the cals.Theyre not bolted down yet;)
5E13206D-F1BC-46DA-B48C-0B9C54ABDFC5.jpeg

Last edited:
The guy that sold me the abs sensor bracket for the Ohlins said they can be removed or filled down.
I think I’ll just remove them.

I'm not sure but some form of the old 108mm Brembos (M4's). As for the spacers, they don't just move the calipers out they also fix the position of the caliper. They slip over the ridge on the forks at the bolt holes and there is a little ridge on the spacer that fits into the caliper. So when you torque the caliper bolts, the caliper cannot move on the mount. If I'm not mistaken, the spacers are needed on the Ohlins forks. But maybe not if you are putting the Brembo calipers on OEM forks. My calipers came with the spacers (Al) and @Dai. has the nice ones (Ti).

I'm not sure but some form of the old 108mm Brembos (M4's). As for the spacers, they don't just move the calipers out they also fix the position of the caliper. They slip over the ridge on the forks at the bolt holes and there is a little ridge on the spacer that fits into the caliper. So when you torque the caliper bolts, the caliper cannot move on the mount. If I'm not mistaken, the spacers are needed on the Ohlins forks. But maybe not if you are putting the Brembo calipers on OEM forks. My calipers came with the spacers (Al) and @Dai. has the nice ones (Ti).
Thanks arch.I didn’t know this.I haven’t touched them yet so just need some info.Can you have a look at the addiction motorsports uk link I posted please.

That has nothing to do with the ABS sensor. The spacer will be sure your pads are sitting properly on the discs. They went to a lot of trouble to make them right and you have some amazing kit there, why pull a trailer park move on the install?
I know it has nothing to do with the sensor.Its just his bike had no gap between the brembos and the Ohlins forks.He ground them down.I saw a pic of his bike so that’s why I asked.Always best if not sure:).

Looks great and I’ll would if I had time.O don’t want to start changing out forks before the bike gets registered early July.
Where are you and how fast could you have those to me?Can you post a pic of the spacer unmounted please.
They were sourced from the UK, $60 AUD or so landed to my door. I’ll get you a link when I get home.

Will these do guys?
That is what they look like but I do not know the size (5mm?) for sure. In the picture I posted you can see the Brembo part number.

They look bigger than 5mm thick in those pics even though the calipers you guys have posted are GP4s I think.I’ll put on the front wheel tonight after work and measure for sure.
Cheers

I googled the part number in my picture (220A02421) and it looks like it is 10 mm. Revzilla sells them so they may be able to tell you exactly. Not the GP4 spacers are type C. Don't know what that means exactly but you should check as these are pretty specific fit parts.

Back