OHLINS

PFP

Registered
There is the question: According to Ohlins, they do not produce any suspensions for >2012 Busas. However, I was told that the forks FGRT 208 and the SU 026 TTX rear suspension fit to my 2017 babe. Is that correct?

There is the question: According to Ohlins, they do not produce any suspensions for >2012 Busas. However, I was told that the forks FGRT 208 and the SU 026 TTX rear suspension fit to my 2017 babe. Is that correct?
Yes , here is a 2012 GSX1300R L2 fitted with Ohlins FGRT208 and Ohlins TTX36 SU026 .
DSCF1700 (2).JPG

Yes , set up correctly , they are superb items . The Ohlins recommended setting range really make it easy for your dialing in point for your ideal setup . If you are over 200lb , then you can order your Ohlins , sprung to your weight . This is often free of charge , if done when you purchase as it should be , so look around for the complete deal . Be sure to check if any of our Org . sponsors can organize a great deal , and let us have a look with pictures when all fitted up !! Good hunting :thumbsup:
More (show off ) pic
DSCF1353.JPG

of my Ohlins collections .:rolleyes:

I got my Ohlins setup from the factory but they were not amazing until the Ohlins tech here in the area set them up to me specifically, yes Sixpack including sag. Here are some details on the performance differences:

1. Many think great suspension means you don't feel bumps but the opposite is true. You feel everything but it is not jarring or sharp, bumps and ripples announce they are present in the road surface but don't seem to excite the bike.

2. When the bike is upset by something, it settles down immediately. There is no bouncing or bobbing.

3. The bike holds lines like a train. Set the lean angle in a turn and use the throttle to increase/decrease the radius. Add the 1" rear riser dogbones and the result is a very well behaved motorcycle. The risers roll some weight balance to the front of the bike (OEM Suzuki has it even) resulting in improved tracking. This helps Ohlins or not.

4. Breaking is the single biggest advantage of better suspension on the road IMHO. When you hit the front brakes the bike dives, loading the front. The suspension is compressed and if you have poorly damped, poorly setup, or under sprung forks it limits braking. I was absolutely amazed at how stable the bike was when I got the Ohlins on and setup properly. This is the most dramatic improvement (I'm a heavy guy so this may have been more of a problem for me).

5. Accelerating is smoother. No more squatting. The bike is extremely stable and so easier to ride at a quicker pace.

For me, the stock suspension was basically dangerous due to my size (6'+ & 290 lbs with gear). So if you are a smallish guy and have the stock suspension properly setup you might not be as impressed. But the feel and quality of Ohlins is no joke. I can't believe the pot holes that I've watched in anticipation pass under the wheels and there is a bump them nothing, completely back under control.

There are other suspension options that are very good and I can't really say if Ohlins is a lot better than those as I have no experience with them. I will say the Ohlins are far superior to springs and goldvalves.

Remember though, I you want to improve the Busa always start with the brakes.

OK yes they make the parts But for any one with a 2013 and up you have a problem, there is one mounting hole for your ABS sensor,,,

So, what happenes , since this is the case? The forks do not accommodate the ABS sensor? So, they actually do not really fit to the 2017 Busa?

OK yes they make the parts But for any one with a 2013 and up you have a problem, there is one mounting hole for your ABS sensor,,,

Can you drill and tap a hole, and bolt the sensor, or bracket for sensor in place?
Or is there simply no material in the needed area?

I was thinking the full front forks.. Ohlins says that it is up to 2012. And now I understand why.. I do not understand why OHLIND do not reissue the forks for folks like us, but this is not my business :)

So, what happenes , since this is the case? The forks do not accommodate the ABS sensor? So, they actually do not really fit to the 2017 Busa?
They fit, but there is No mount for the sensor.
Personally when i had my Gen2 i removed all the ABS crap and installed all Brembo HP components, and RCS master cylinders.

I have heard of people doing the cartridge upgrade which uses the OEM forks and adds Ohlins internals. Might be the way to go. But when I was looking I could not find the right kit for the Busa OEM forks.
That's because they don't make a set for Busa Arch , but you can adapt the 30mm cartridges for GSXR1000 to Busa Gen 2 . I don't know what is involved exactly , but I got a set of those as well , pictured in the Ohlins /BST pic , the stock bodied forks in back ground . My L2 was fitted up with them when I went on that track riding holiday . They are very good .
If NBarab bought the full FGRT208 , surely someone can adapt the abs pieces for a price . If not I would ask GixerHP for some advice on junking the system . Some fella was asking about removing it all recently , no one answered his post I think ?

That's because they don't make a set for Busa Arch , but you can adapt the 30mm cartridges for GSXR1000 to Busa Gen 2 . I don't know what is involved exactly , but I got a set of those as well , pictured in the Ohlins /BST pic , the stock bodied forks in back ground . My L2 was fitted up with them when I went on that track riding holiday . They are very good .
If NBarab bought the full FGRT208 , surely someone can adapt the abs pieces for a price . If not I would ask GixerHP for some advice on junking the system . Some fella was asking about removing it all recently , no one answered his post I think ?
Took a while but here is the post from my Gen 2 build,, Has a Little of everything LOL,,
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/hmmm-tonights-project.181069/page-2

Hey guys. I was really ready to pull the trigger on the suspensions, but the whole thing now does not seem my bread and butter. I do not do the work by myself but I rely on a Suzuki shop. These suspensions would be the gift to myself for my 40th bday. Change of plans. But thank you very much all of you, for all of your replies. It would be really a shame to get the forks, arrange everything with the shop that it is about 150 miles away and then repack everything and try to do a return for a refund... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. I was really ready to pull the trigger on the suspensions, but the whole thing now does not seem my bread and butter. I do not do the work by myself but I rely on a Suzuki shop. These suspensions would be the gift to myself for my 40th bday. Change of plans. But thank you very much all of you, for all of your replies. It would be really a shame to get the forks, arrange everything with the shop that it is about 150 miles away and then repack everything and try to do a return for a refund... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
I would recontact Ohlins , and ask them do they supply the latest FGRT208 fork with the necessary abs sensor locating mount for ABS Busa . Wouldn't hurt and great 40th treat . The 208 is the exact fork for Busa .

Back