Officers of the org, what speed do you look for?

SC law requires it, you are not required to be certified, you are not required to lock ( show speed ) I believe in Georgia you are required by law to show when asked. Not sure about other states requirements.

That's the way it was in Colorado back in the early 90s. I did Law Enforcement in the Air Force as an extra duty. Got fully certified as a LE and was required to perform LE duties 2 weeks every quarter. I actually did it more often because it was a blast! I think our radars were Trooper IIs but it was a long time ago. Our cars were crappy Chrysler K-Cars and you had to remember to turn off the heater fan or the radar would pick it up.

We were required to check the calibration sticker, test with the tuning forks and sign off a calibration card. Listening to the tone and watching what the cars were doing made it easy to pick out who you were tracking.
I was amazed at how far away you could pick someone out. Only wrote a few tickets though, people were pretty law abiding on the base.

That's the way it was in Colorado back in the early 90s. I did Law Enforcement in the Air Force as an extra duty. Got fully certified as a LE and was required to perform LE duties 2 weeks every quarter. I actually did it more often because it was a blast! I think our radars were Trooper IIs but it was a long time ago. Our cars were crappy Chrysler K-Cars and you had to remember to turn off the heater fan or the radar would pick it up.

We were required to check the calibration sticker, test with the tuning forks and sign off a calibration card. Listening to the tone and watching what the cars were doing made it easy to pick out who you were tracking.
I was amazed at how far away you could pick someone out. Only wrote a few tickets though, people were pretty law abiding on the base.
Most units have built in filters for fans and wiper motors. You have to turn it on , on some of them. From memory a fan gives you 12 MPH but doesn't affect the vehicles speed being tracked to my knowledge. Offset angles, etc. are a bigger problem and interferences like sub stations :laugh:

Is this a trick question? :laugh:

Lol... No it's not. I don't think I'm overly reckless. I have my moments but when I read the forums it seems like guys are much more reserved then what I see when I'm on the road. I'm not knocking being safe and agree the track is best for it but I know I can't be the only one!

So what you are saying then is each power station is the opposite of a school zone! :laugh:

Back