Officers of the org, what speed do you look for?

exactly, thats what I'm trying to figure out. Am I in violation at the physical point of the sign or within some visible distance from it. And yeah, playing close to the signs probably doesnt decrease the level and amount of crap you hear :laugh:
it wud be at the point the actual speed changes. if a cop wants to sit 10 feet in front of a sign that now reads 40 mph vs. 55 mph and bang you he can. he is pathetic imo but we have quite a few pathetic cops in our profession. we are not immune.

eh, in that case they were "profiling" me as a white guy and had perhaps been looking for someone with a different skin tone. They took no effort to identify me, have me remove my helmet, check my docs, etc.
I don't follow up our incredibly slanted media. What I take profiling to mean is an officer who looks for a group of people based on whatever, but our media will focus on race. What I mean is that fifteen of one group passes this officer doing fifteen miles an hour above the speed limit and as soon as he sees an hispanic person drive by doing fifteen above the speed limit he pulls him, probably hoping to catch someone who doesn't have a drivers license. Did you ever think for one second that a BOLO had gone out for a bike matching your bike with a female or some other descriptor that you didn't meet. It's called policing. I'm not in control of others, but I'll ask you not to push the medias BS

I don't follow up our incredibly slanted media. What I take profiling to mean is an officer who looks for a group of people based on whatever, but our media will focus on race. What I mean is that fifteen of one group passes this officer doing fifteen miles an hour above the speed limit and as soon as he sees an hispanic person drive by doing fifteen above the speed limit he pulls him, probably hoping to catch someone who doesn't have a drivers license. Did you ever think for one second that a BOLO had gone out for a bike matching your bike with a female or some other descriptor that you didn't meet. It's called policing. I'm not in control of others, but I'll ask you not to push the medias BS

ahh sorry for the profiling vs bolo line of delineation. Actually it was somewhat of a slant towards as you describe profiling to be. Its been in the news here on the island and NYC but several agencies have in fact been brought up, mostly by the latin groups, for profiling them. Not implying that all leos profile by any means.

exactly, thats what I'm trying to figure out. Am I in violation at the physical point of the sign or within some visible distance from it. And yeah, playing close to the signs probably doesnt decrease the level and amount of crap you hear :laugh:
I tell everyone to check their state laws, maybe with a local judge. I hear from Georgia folks all the time that the Governor said they were good within 200'. If true that might get you somewhere in Georgia but don't take that to SC, NC, TN, etc.

ahh sorry for the profiling vs bolo line of delineation. Actually it was somewhat of a slant towards as you describe profiling to be. Its been in the news here on the island and NYC but several agencies have in fact been brought up, mostly by the latin groups, for profiling them. Not implying that all leos profile by any means.

I'll say this. If you are violating the law and get caught ...... shut up and sit down. I have had officers that look for mexicans because 90% of them have no drivers license in this area. I always tell them to watch the profiling, but at the same time what are they doing. Their job. We hunt men for a living. Everyone should understand that. If you fish or hunt you do everything you can to catch that fish or bag that game. That's what these guys are doing, but it's just not PC. Something else I dislike :laugh:

well I certainly wouldn't open the visor in that case :poke: :laugh:
Does anyone carry pepper spray anymore ? It's messy, you have to babt sit the guy and clean his little bo bo up , and that crap goes everywhere ..... on the officer, under visors :laugh:

The taser has replaced chemicals here. On someone in full gear you should be looking at a dry stun in the neck :rofl:

I have seen folks pulled going around 55mph while in the 50 zone as they approached the 40mph sign. At some point that cannot be solely the officers discretion, there has to be a point at which the sign is enforced universally. The few I have seen pulled were definitely still east of the physical 40mph sign but within view of it and the officer started pulled them just past the 40mph sign.

One thought here...if they are doing 55 in the 50 they are still technically speeding, even if there is an "allowed" over the limit number. I know around beach areas sometimes they get very strict on the speed limit.

I just wonder if that is the case in your situation.

Edit: WOW I must have been sitting on this page for a while, after posting about 10 more posted populated. :laugh:

I'll say this. If you are violating the law and get caught ...... shut up and sit down. I have had officers that look for mexicans because 90% of them have no drivers license in this area. I always tell them to watch the profiling, but at the same time what are they doing. Their job. We hunt men for a living. Everyone should understand that. If you fish or hunt you do everything you can to catch that fish or bag that game. That's what these guys are doing, but it's just not PC. Something else I dislike :laugh:

Profile me all you want :laugh: I try to be within the law because doing stupid things and getting caught is just too damn expensive :laugh:

Does anyone carry pepper spray anymore ? It's messy, you have to babt sit the guy and clean his little bo bo up , and that crap goes everywhere ..... on the officer, under visors :laugh:

The taser has replaced chemicals here. On someone in full gear you should be looking at a dry stun in the neck :rofl:
so true. since I got my Taser ive used it 13 times in about 3 years. I probably used my mace 5 times in 18 years. I still carry the mace but I usually end up spraying more cops then you do suspects and in enclosed areas its totally useless.

some cops still carry old mace which is combustable with a Taser and will set the suspect on fire literally. newer mace doesnt interact with it tho.

so true. since I got my Taser ive used it 13 times in about 3 years. I probably used my mace 5 times in 18 years. I still carry the mace but I usually end up spraying more cops then you do suspects and in enclosed areas its totally useless.

some cops still carry old mace which is combustable with a Taser and will set the suspect on fire literally. newer mace doesnt interact with it tho.

If someone earned both mace and a tazing, I feel like being set on fire is the next logical step to gain compliance, just my opinion tho. :laugh:

If someone earned both mace and a tazing, I feel like being set on fire is the next logical step to gain compliance, just my opinion tho. :laugh:

That's probably another reason departments around here collected it, the chemical agent is carried by alcohol which can combust with sparky. I use verbal judo

I'm nice and gentle, and have become everyones grandpa I guess :laugh: Typical big time no no. Are you gonna give me any problems. No sir. Have a seat in my car. Verbal Judo saves trees :laugh:

the way I see it is when the speed limits were designed decades ago cars could not stop as fast, accelerate as fast, were heavier, didn't steer as well, tires were not nearly as advanced as they are today, suspension and therefore stoping power is better today, no ABS back then, had poor lighting, few crosswalks with signals, no LED or newer style brake lights, had poor crumple zone frames, no air bags, poorly designed seat belts, roads were not designed as well and the glass was not as forgiving as it is today.

so to think a speed of 25 mph in 1950 is equivalent to 2013 is not reasonable imo but the city, town or state will rarely raise the speed limit.

You make some very valid points here. Back in the days of Carter (pro 55) and Hager (I can't drive 55) things were quite a bit different than they are now.

It seems back then the standard rule was about 5 over the limit was all that was allowed.

BUT if you stated in court you were only doing 57 in a 55 a very common response from the judge was "Then you admit you were speeding". He would do that just to make a point that the speed limit is the speed limit but I have seen them take that admission and fine the 2 over if they thought the driver deserved it.

I cruised through radar once clocked at 116(down from an indicated 160 a minute earlier),told him i guess i'm just an old man on one of these young kid's motorsickles and it just kinda got away from me...told me to slow down and let me go.:thumbsup:

(that same line has since worked several more times...:laugh:)

Back