NRA reaction and answer to the recent gun violence!!

Don't necessarily agree with the armed officer in every school due to costs but it would work.

I am totally good with tighter restrictions on being able to buy a gun, doesnt bother me a bit. But my biggest thing is I dont think there need to be gun-free zones... period

Big push for School Resource Officers in this area 15 - 20 years ago. All that funding has been slashed. This area use to have an officer in every school, now they have an officer in every district to do D.A.R.E , etc.

my question would be who will be paying for those officers?? i have a feeling it is us paying or the easy way to raise the tax..

If that is the concept we use, he already stated how it could be funded. Quit spending so much over seas for forgein aide and spend more money here.

I think Blanka figured it out, move police station offices to the schools. That way there are always officers on hand.

This may be slightly off topic, but...

Our SRO's were a valuable asset when I was in high school. Not only for protective reasons, but they were a very positive influence and good role models for the students. Occasionally they would even step in as substitute teachers. Although they didn't stick to the teacher's lesson plan, the class would always be engaged in productive conversation about things like the Constitution and civic responsibility rather than sleeping through another boring movie as with a regular substitute. They were well respected, and there's no doubt that we were all safer with them in the building.

I think this is a great idea for multiple reasons, including protecting our kids.

This may be slightly off topic, but...

Our SRO's were a valuable asset when I was in high school. Not only for protective reasons, but they were a very positive influence and good role models for the students. Occasionally they would even step in as substitute teachers. Although they didn't stick to the teacher's lesson plan, the class would always be engaged in productive conversation about things like the Constitution and civic responsibility rather than sleeping through another boring movie as with a regular substitute. They were well respected, and there's no doubt that we were all safer with them in the building.

I think this is a great idea for multiple reasons, including protecting our kids.

WOW THAT SOUNDS GOOD NOT BAD FOR GUY WITH A 14 lol

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," the group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference.

:thumbsup:

Not a good idea in a public news conference to refer to school children as 'soft targets' regardless of truth of it.

There was nothing he could have said except "We surrrender" that would have satisfied the anti-gun crowd. We fight it by joining the NRA, contacting our elected representatives, and fairly calmly reminding everyone it's a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, not a emotional football.

Idk if its a sign of things to come but on thanksgiving weekend there was an armed PO at the cineplex and just the other day I stopped at the mall to grab something real quick and I seen 2 PO's roving there as well. Used to be 2 old guys with a maglite and a whistle. Now its 2 cops with kevlar and glock .40's :whistle:

after shooting and killing today in pennsylvania, we need police officers in each church too..
he killed two of his neigbors too.. i think i am going to get me a private body gaurd.. i have a few crazy neighbors, any good deals on private body gaurds????

after shooting and killing today in pennsylvania, we need police officers in each church too..
he killed two of his neigbors too.. i think i am going to get me a private body gaurd.. i have a few crazy neighbors, any good deals on private body gaurds????

unfortunately this shooting only gives the gun control nuts more ammunition :banghead:

In the 40 states that allow concealed carry just remove the stupid gin free zone around schools and tell teachers they are allowed to CC as long as they have a permit, pay and give them credit for anyt training they take with guns, for the 10 or so states that hate the second amendment, well, there is always home schooling.

I fully support having trained guards or LEOs in schools, but I am not entirely comfortable with untrained (but permitted) teachers carrying. If the teachers are willing to become fully certified in tactical defense, I would be less concerned with those individuals being armed.

If the country were to go this route, I'd also like to see counselors focused on finding those youth who may display tendancies towards this type of violence. They should then report it similarly to the way that child abuse is reported. Then special assistance should be made available to these at risk youth to try to provide them with constructive (or at least much less destructive) ways to cope with their anger.

Ultimately I don't think more guns or less guns is the answer, finding the individuals who are prone to this type of violence and investing some energy in 'preventative maintenance'.

--Sky

Back