Now where did I put that turbo?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
A guy on a Caddy forum showed what he’s done to his STSV. Lots of plumbing but wow, what a job. Got almost 700 hp from the 4.4 liter Northstar motor with a larger SC and a tail mounted turbo. Hauling a couple tons around we can sure use more than 500.
C4008939-C034-4CE6-B123-6FB7460EC957.png
60F996FC-F5FE-4862-8AB5-FCD092C62495.png

7 at the wheels?
Is it a squires turbo set-up?

Apparently not, and I thought it was a different SC but as I read closer it’s stock with different injectors and other mods. It’s almost 650 hp even thru the stock Cats. I asked if it was a floor dyno but no answer yet.

“Still through the factory catalytic converters, stock fuel pump with Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, ID725 injectors, windshield washer fluid for meth injection, Bullseye S372r @ 13psi, stock supercharger @ 12psi, stock throttle body and the all new intercooler lid which performed amazing on 3 back to back pulls in 4 minutes.“

Why go through all that trouble and run stock cats?

Still, I like what he's done, kinda makes up for GM not putting an LS in that car.

He just posted that it was a Dynojet floor dyno and the almost 650 hp was at the wheels. Mine just passed 111K and is running great.

A guy on a Caddy forum showed what he’s done to his STSV. Lots of plumbing but wow, what a job. Got almost 700 hp from the 4.4 liter Northstar motor with a larger SC and a tail mounted turbo. Hauling a couple tons around we can sure use more than 500.View attachment 1624777View attachment 1624778

You know, the more I study and look at this picture, even zooming in, the more it looks doctored .. Must be the angle as it looks like an overlay.. Or the angle is making odd shadows

I know it's not doctored, it just kinda looks it. It's the way the shadow falls and the dark areas is all.

The camera's flash created the well-defined shadows that may not make sense to the casual eye. Also, when looking up at a vehicle on a lift we are used to seeing a dim dark view, not such a well-lit portrait. Next, a wide-angle lens had to be used in order to fit the entire width of the car within the picture frame. In order to accomplish the fit, the lens bends all of the lines. Lastly, the camera being slightly off center or not perfectly parallel to the vehicle significantly exaggerates the bending effect.

Right away I noticed an odd result of this: The very expensive tailpipes appear as though somebody forgot to align them lol.

Last edited:
Back