Honest Opinions Please

sutphen77

Registered
I will be asking 3 different boards the below question.

What is a fair price for a 300+hp 2002 GSXR 1000. The bike is immaculate not a scratch or ding in the paint.  It has a total of 6500 miles with around 700 miles since total rebuild.  I have receipts for $24,000 worth of parts and labor to the motor and trans.  It is currently priced at $14,000 which I really thought was a good price.  BTW, someone photochopped it all black and it looked much better.

Please be honest I can take it, and thank you all in advance, Jim.  

Hahn's turbo
Tiger Tail
PM wheels
Macintosh 6-10 over swing arm
fork tube cut and shortened
wave rotors
air shifter with on board compressor
JE turbo piston, crank, rods
2-step
heavy duty spring kit from snitz
multi stage lock up
steering stabilizer
shift light
undercut gears in trans
3 hole lowering links
Almost new shinko's
EFR BR box
Retard Box
I probably missed a few things

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

Have you had any offers
rock.gif

sounds like a very good price....but.....remember, highly modified bikes usually end up in the shop alot. Instead of riding the thing to sub 9 second quarter miles, are you patient enough to pamper this highly modified bike? Many folks on this forum have been disappointed by major mods such as this. They love the performance but have spent way too much time in the shop on blown engines and the like.

(babuski @ Apr. 18 2007,09:49) sounds like a very good price....but.....remember, highly modified bikes usually end up in the shop alot.   Instead of riding the thing to sub 9 second quarter miles, are you patient enough to pamper this highly modified bike?   Many folks on this forum have been disappointed by major mods such as this.  They love the performance but have spent way too much time in the shop on blown engines and the like. Thanks for your reply
It seems to be quite street worthy but I do have it turned down. I have gone to the beach just recently over 90 degrees and drove it in tons of trafic and never had a problem. Actually I am pleasantly surprised right now but when I did buy it the bike was definetly overtuned for city driving. Most of my driving is city driving.

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 18 2007,09:42) Have you had any offers
rock.gif
I had an offer of 12 grand and he would pick it up. Maybe I should have taken it, but it is paid for and runs great, the only thing I am loosing out on is riding it. Thank you for your reply

(sutphen77 @ Apr. 18 2007,10:05)
(BA BUSA @ Apr. 18 2007,09:42) Have you had any offers
rock.gif
I had an offer of 12 grand and he would pick it up. Maybe I should have taken it, but it is paid for and runs great, the only thing I am loosing out on is riding it.  Thank you for your reply
Those type of bikes are worth whatever "the right buyer" will pay...tough part is finding that buyer.

If you have the time to wait you will find him
wink.gif

throw this up in other bike forums....no offense, but you will be hard put finding someone in here or EBC who already owns a Busa, that wants to buy a boosted 1k- lotta riders here ride 2-up with their friends, and do alot of long-distance rides cuz the bike is built for that...dont see any rear pass. footpegs on that 1k, and if there were, still wouldnt be as comfy as the pillion seat on a Busa- that seat is HUGE compared to any liter bike's rear seat.

hit the Drag bike forums n put it for sale there-more likely to find a guy there looking for a Speed-machine like your 1k.

good luck brother, and hope to see that sig. changed to a Busa soon!
beerchug.gif

Something like that is automatically excluded from something I personally would buy. Main reason, if I want something like that, I WANT TO BUILD IT. Plus, who really knows how it has been ridden so far? Only you. You wanted honest....

You will not likely get your money back. I have a seriously modded 5.0, I know there is no way I could get what I put in it. (not that I want to sell it.)

Nice machine!!
I agree you have to find the right buyer!!
Which might take some time and deal with tire kickers that have no cash.

Best of luck! Nice ride!

it looks like a really nice bike, if you keep 14K on it long enough i think you will sell it, if you need the money then sell it for 12k. Ther's a web site called www.mautofied.com it's a good free place to sell/trade things, and there are alot of custom vehicles on there.

First of all I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everyone for your honest opinion.

I am going to drop the price $2000 and see if it sells, if it dont I will not push the issue as hard as I have been in the past trying to sell it. If it sells it sells or maybe someone with a low mile Busa with some extras will want it. Might even paint it black, it just upsets me because there isn't even so much as a little nick in the paint

Nice bike, it'll sell. Heck, it's still early in the year and the nice weather really hasn't hit yet. I'd say maybe drop it $1K or hold at your current price. Let the potential owners talk you down on price.

I have had excellent results on Craigslist! Everything I have ever put on there went fast. Tons of Exposure too! Like a <s>poor </s>broke mans Ebay! Unless you are desperate to sell it now, be patient! If it sells too fast you were asking too little for it.

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

Seeing as though I have built one bike already and in the process of building a Busa. 14,000 for that is a GREAT price. As some of the others have mentioned though t may be hard to find a buyer. A bike hopped up like that and noone knows anything about it. thats a ttough sell. i found an Outlaw Busa for 18k. The guy had slips in the 7's. 18k is cheap. The only reason i didn't buy it was because your are talkin a highly modified bike and I don't know who touched that motor.

Very good and that brings me to my question,
On paper my bike may even dip into the hi 7's (so I am Told) Why would somebody buy a bike that has been down the track many times not knowing how many times or how bad it was beat.
Personally I would buy the bike with the least amount of track time because there is no telling what happened and how many times it ran during the numerous times it was at the track

Back