Sold my Turbo Busa, need a quality shop or tuner in the Harrisonburg, VA area

chowda633

Registered
Sad day for me. I sold my 2003 Turbo Hayabusa yesterday! It went to a good home and a new owner in Harrisonburg, VA. The new owner is new to Hayabusa's but an experienced rider.

The bike is a fully built motor, Master Power turbo 50 trim journal bearing turbo, and runs off a micro squirt system V2 installed around 2012ish. I want to say for the micro squirt and turbo setup. The motor has maybe a few 1,000 on it and running strong. On this build, the turbo was sent to RCC, and the header was custom built to the turbo. And wastegate tial 38mm wastegate was mounted right off the turbo's hot side.

The bike smokes pretty good on startup, burning off the oil in the turbo. It takes about 1 or 2 minutes. Once the heat really gets into the turbo, it starts to burn it off—a common issue on turbo bikes. It will stop smoking after about 10 minutes once all the oil is burnt off and ride fine. The bike was strapped down hard for the trip to meet the new buyer yesterday, and I also changed the oil last week with 10-40w Mobil 1 full synthetic, and before that, it had 20-50w Mobil 1 full synthetic. The bike has a low-profile oil pan and a high output oil pump, from what I remember. It has a multi-stage clutch, billet output shaft, and taller 5th and 6th gear for land speed. The Head is fully built with 80-pound valve springs, the head is tapped out for the bigger head studs, and the bottom end is all Woessner 8:1. It is good for 700+ hp on this motor.

I am trying to sort out to make sure the turbo is ok. If it's not, I owe the new buyer a turbo rebuild out of principle. He also needs a good shop or tuner in the Harrisonburg, VA, area to help maintain the bike. It really needs a good tune. It's running a bosh 44 external pump for fuel and 6-an fuel lines to a turbo express manifold and an air to air intercooler. It is running super rich currently because it was tuned with the stock fuel pump before. I had to go to a bosch 44 to keep up with the fuel demand but never got back to the dyno to pull the fuel. Not sure if anyone in the VA area has experience with the micro squirt systems. I sold my Toughbook laptop with the bike, so anyone can open up the tuner sport and make the adjustments on a dyno.

It's running 15 PSI off the wastegate, which put me around 400 on the dyno, 93 pump gas, and a conservative tune. The new owner just wants to street-ride it. Nothing crazy I am looking to get him to a good shop or tuner to help him maintain this monster in the VA area. And sort out this smoke issue.

Due to my military commitments, a couple of kids now and a lot of life changes it was time for me to sell the bike I have done next to nothing with the bike in the last few years and it has sat in my dry storage with me just running maintenance on it and not putting it hard through its paces.

I put a couple of calls into HTP Performance last week but I have not heard back from them. The one time I spoke to a woman, she said their tuner only deals with motec. It's about a 1.5-hour drive for the new owner. But it was the only shop I saw that could deal with something like this on a quick google search that I found. Obviously, I am not from the area so hopefully, someone has some better info? The new owner just wants a reliable shop to be able to work on this.

Any help appreciated!
You can look at my old posts, I posted the whole build years back here when it was going under the first build. Since then there has been a ton more put into it. I ended up 30k into it but you can't put a price on the love and joy a turbo Hayabusa brings you!!!

Back