not happy reading "busa problems"

ok well since we are doing this list thing here
smile.gif

5340 miles , bought it new 12/2/05, i got reamed on the price but sh1t I had to have it.

Problems:  Shift lever fell off at 3k miles, loctited and torqued down.
Engine buzz from 4500 + ever since cam chain started making noise.  I expect the noise and the vibration to go away once the automatic tensioner clicks into the next teeth.  Bad gas milege due to some yeehawing
biggrin.gif

two damn tickets
mad.gif

entirely too fast, it's hard to do anything under 90mph.  Feels like you are standing still at 65.  I tried to stay within the limite for an hour and my back was aching and my arms were killing me.  Once it hits 100 the wind supports your upperbody up and you are in the comfort zone, ROFL.

Try explaining that to the cops.
laugh.gif
5340 miles in 2 months.  I thought I rode alot.
one ride on my busa and all the stress from work just disappears. Then I ride some more then the world is a fun place again.

smile.gif

5340 miles , bought it new 12/2/05, i got reamed on the price but sh1t I had to have it.

Engine buzz from 4500 + ever since cam chain started making noise.  I expect the noise and the vibration to go away once the automatic tensioner clicks into the next teeth.  Bad gas milege due to some yeehawing
biggrin.gif

two damn tickets
mad.gif

entirely too fast, it's hard to do anything under 90mph.  Feels like you are standing still at 65.  I tried to stay within the limite for an hour and my back was aching and my arms were killing me.  Once it hits 100 the wind supports your upperbody up and you are in the comfort zone, ROFL.

laugh.gif
5340 miles in 2 months.  I thought I rode alot.
one ride on my busa and all the stress from work just disappears.  Then I ride some more then the world is a fun place again.
thats exactly why ive been riding bikes for 5 years now....never had i left home in a bad mood and came back the same....the hayabusa is sure to guarantee bigger smiles

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

two damn tickets
mad.gif

laugh.gif
Definitely right about the 90 mph. Drop to 65 and you have to work to keep from putting your weight on the bars. At 90, the wind against your chest lifts you up.

Who the hell wants to ride in traffic anyway. If you are doing that much stopping, you'll be shifting into neutral at lights so you can sit up and stop holding the clutch. Then you'll be crawiling along at 50 in 3rd all the time.

I bought mine for a toy. And its a very fast fun toy. I never ride it to work unless I have to. For that mundane drive, I crawl in my cage and put my brain on auto pilot.

People write on forums about things that interest them. Problems tend to get the keys tapping more than contentment. Just cos negatives get posted does not mean a bike is unreliable. It's just human nature to moan. The Busa is overwhelmingly a good bike so problems will be few. Owner abuse is another issue!

Busa97 Speaks the truth! :thumbsup: I had more problems PER RIDE with my Dyna Wide Glide than ever on any UJM bike in the last 30 years. They are just bulletproof. The only work done on those bikes... FJ1200, ZX11, CBR 1000, ZX9R were oil and tire changes. And on one a 4>1 pipe installed. My 2015 Busa has had just oil change only. (Yea I'm waffling on which yosh I want)

Oh I forgot I do have one problem shared by Busafish...."Try explaining that to the cops". :fire:

Busa97 Speaks the truth! :thumbsup: I had more problems PER RIDE with my Dyna Wide Glide than ever on any UJM bike in the last 30 years.
Steady on now, old chap, compliments aside, my Wide Glide has ridden like a dream for the last 12 months. Had a few teething problems on the Busa when I first got it used at 13k miles but a new battery, all changed fluids and attention to rusty fixings has made it not half bad. Moral of the story, look after any bike and it will be more likely to look after you. The only advice I would give to anyone is buy new, if you can run to it - problems tend to come with age......I'm 67 and can vouch for that!

My father and I shared a 2002 busa for 10 years until his untimely death. Over 60,000 absolutely trouble free miles of Awsome power and performance. You won't be disappointed with this bike. Seems like since the late 70s,is hard to find a really serious series of problems with the water cooled bike what ever the brand. Even Harley Davidson has bitten the bitter watercooled bullet finally. If any bike needed some level of water cooling even if it's only the "heads" t that air cooled monster motor at 103 c is a candidate. I know some of the faithful don't agree but if you've ever gone through Sturgis at mid day and 100 degree as my father did and saw the HD pulled over at their awful street lights (way too long ) you'd say water cooling of some type is necessary. They still keep the punch of a big bore motor but gee whiz what good is it if it can't stand the everyday heat?
I LOVE anything on two wheels but it has to be practical. From an outward appearance you can't even tell the new head cooled vs air cooled.
Blathering on long enough. Work ,machinist, sometimes slow enough to blog. Great site. Sometimes (all the time) I miss the busa. I am an admitted speed whore. Have heard that Suzuki fell on hard times but has rebounded since their last 2008 attempt at speed king. Ha. That's almost a ludicrous statement when put in context. Back in the 70s a 12 second bike was tits. Now we're knocking on the 8 second bracket STOCK. Yea fast bikes! !!!!
Live fast. Die slow.
Moo gator II

I think you have to keep things in context. Generally, whether it be Busa's, car's or what have you, the people that have problems and post on forums are in a very small minority. If you google any make of bike or car for problems a whole host of people having problems will pop up and put you off buying anything ever again.
Lets face it, putting...bike/cars running well today, every day on a forum would be boring lol. Look after her, keep her serviced (I'm still talking about bikes btw :laugh:) and she will reward you with many miles of pleasure :thumbsup:. Happy riding :laugh:

I have a 2007 with 30,000 with no major issues...just needed normal maintenance and TLC....my friend Tom has 40,000+.

There's guys with 200K miles plus on these bikes without major maintenance. I'm 9 years and 90K on my current Busa and ride the piss out of it every time I ride. Amazing bike IMHO.

This thread is older than your current busa!!! LOL I would hope some refinements have been made since the GenI.

This thread is older than your current busa!!! LOL I would hope some refinements have been made since the GenI.

Suzuki fixed all the ills of the late Gen I's with the release of the Gen II. My response was to the June post of this year. These bikes are incredible.

im currently looking at getting a hayabusa. ( old, fat, street glide rider, LOTS of cross country miles looking to recapture youth) Ive ridden most to do some trial and error and the comfort factor is what got me to lean to the busa. ( small mods make it a sport tour with actual GTFO speed) ive been searching diligently for three months now and saving up cash in hand ( in vegas, what you can get with 4k is more than what youd think, everyone advertises based on nada, money speaks VERY loud here ( case in point, got a mint cond 79 FLHC shovel for 2k, flipped it a month later for twice that) so Ive been picking at bikes with under 10k but waffling on gen 1 or gen 2.. my inner trader side says go with the newest you can get just to make moving it easy down the line. but im also 44 going on 45 and rather content with my `15 street glide for trips and picking up a solid sport bike that dont make me ache after.

im currently looking at getting a hayabusa. ( old, fat, street glide rider, LOTS of cross country miles looking to recapture youth) Ive ridden most to do some trial and error and the comfort factor is what got me to lean to the busa. ( small mods make it a sport tour with actual GTFO speed) ive been searching diligently for three months now and saving up cash in hand ( in vegas, what you can get with 4k is more than what youd think, everyone advertises based on nada, money speaks VERY loud here ( case in point, got a mint cond 79 FLHC shovel for 2k, flipped it a month later for twice that) so Ive been picking at bikes with under 10k but waffling on gen 1 or gen 2.. my inner trader side says go with the newest you can get just to make moving it easy down the line. but im also 44 going on 45 and rather content with my `15 street glide for trips and picking up a solid sport bike that dont make me ache after.

The gen2 has improvements over the gen1(but there's nothing wrong with them either).
If you find them comfortable to sit on, that's all you really need to know.
Busas ride and handle excellent, and can be improved by the aftermarket in any direction you want to go.
Bone stock you can drag knees, drag race, wheelie for miles, tour comfortably, or cruise around town. They do everything well and are extremely dependable.

the one thing im hemming on is extended swingarm. im a fan of getting on it but not a fan of wheelies, with the amount of attention stunting is getting from police I REALLY dont want to deal with getting pulled over for come down an on ramp too hard. BUT im concerned the extentions will negatively effect turning enough to be noticeable.. my gut says " unless your on the track there isnt a road youll find on the street where an extended swingarm will make a difference" but I just dont know and not overtly interested in investing big money in finding out.

Back