not happy reading "busa problems"

repsolz

Registered
well guys, some of u know im buying a busa in a weeks time

ive just gone through the "busa problems" section and it seems to be there happen to be quite a few on the list

to keep things short..id like to know is the busa a reliable bike or does it come with a list of problems??

read things like...engine dying, gearbox probs, overheating etc etc....

Most of the real busa problems were from the early models... The majority of Busa related problems you see are easily rectified. I have an 05 and the only problems I have encounterd are... Idle adjustment - had to adjust the idle a couple of times and locktite the screw to keep it where I wanted it. Clutch lever bolt kept backing out a little bit at a time. I haven't gotten around to locktite on this one because I am gonna upgrade my levers this year.

I think most of the other problems may be MOD related... Someone does a mod and has to tinker with it to get the right performance... Straight off the showroom floor those are the only issues I have encountered... Which in my opinion are minimal.

Some of the gear heads are going to be able to give you better and more detailed responses.

Mine has been problem free. It's a stock '04 Limited. 0 problems. I cannot believe how dependable it has been and I use it for a daily commuter in the summer.

7500 miles without a single problem. Hope that helps.

05 with close to 5000 miles.........zero problems. Adhere to the periodic maintenance schedule and you'll more than likely experience trouble free happy riding. I adjusted the idle up to 1,200 RPM the first week of ownership and haven't had to touch it since.

Had mine for just under 4 years and only had to adjust the idle once. No other "problems". Solid moto IMO.

'03 with 10,000+ miles and the only thing I've had to "fix" is the idle (just a turn of a screw)...

Stick with the maintenance schedule...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138288470 -->

03', 11,000 miles.....has yet to go back to the dealer for ANY problem. However, as with any machine, there is going to be a few kinks now and again. I (sadly) run with a bunch of Kawasukis, WAY more problems then any busa I know of....

first thing pull out peg bolt on shift side locktite and retighten. otherwise you may wind up on the side of the road doing it not that thats what happened to me or anything hahahahaha

false nuetrals between 5-6 maybe the only thing that irritates you, it clears up shift like you mean it

other than that Just ride it like you stole it She Likes it like that.
8000 miles since march of last year no problems at all.

The main problem with the Busa as with all bikes is the bolts and nuts loosening up, a quick pre-flight to check all bolts and stuff will save you in the long run.It seems more of a problem with the busa,maybe theres a tad bit more vibration that causing the stuff to loosen up.NJ.

Never had a problem yet with my 05, had it setting in the garage with no tank for two months and she fired right up.

well guys, some of u know im buying a busa in a weeks time

ive just gone through the "busa problems" section and it seems to be there happen to be quite a few on the list

to keep things short..id like to know is the busa a reliable bike or does it come with a list of problems??

read things like...engine dying, gearbox probs, overheating etc etc....
Havent been able to ride as much as I would like..

but around 8000 miles on a 2003.. no problems at all

Strong and solid as ever with no leaks..

You need to take in to account the period of time elapsed in between posts too.  
smile.gif

'05 and the only problem I have is not having enough time to ride.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138309894 -->

'05 with about 4000 miles. No issues whatsoever.

BUT; Do the kickstand mod. Locktite your shifter bolt. Have the dealer check your headlight position prior to delivery.

04 stock... iv had it from new. only thing that i had to do was adjust the idle........ after that has been problem free........
smile.gif

'04 w` 14K not one problem, Easy to work on, great all around bike. Just not enough time to ride in the North East.

IMO buy one and enjoy the flight!

Back