Not going to the Gap.  Thanks LEO

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to see if anyone else here had decided not to spend their vacation dollars at the gap this season due to a rediculous amount of LEO? I'd love to make the busa bash next weekend but there is just no way I'm minding that retarded 30 mph limit on the gap. Does anyone else feel my pain?

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

I considered it, however it would in my opinion hurt the merchants there more than the LEOs. I did however write 3 letters. *(real letters with stamps) expressing a concern to the two senators and the Gov.

There are also some notes from locals on pashnit that says the have let up. I have read the accusations and stories of what is going on there and not entirely sure it is accurate. (I certainly hope not)

Not that I am entirely sure I am doing the right thing but I will certainly post more on this after a visit up there. I would really like to hear from some others that live and travel the area.

My very first trip down that road was in an empty 18Wheeler with an empty 53' drop deck flat bed. HAD there been a single sign, warning or other notice what that road was, i would have gone around. I simply saw it as a shorter route over to Spartanburg then going all the way back north and across.

IMO, they need to go proactive in the area but more like POSTING SIGNS that the road is not suitable to big rigs etc.

The stories are for sure disturbing, I just wish I knew how much was fact and what was not.

Warnings are no diff from last year! or the one B 4 that...
argue.gif

I posted earlier that I won't be there (for the same reason) and if someone sees my bike to let me know so I can put a pic on a milk carton.

100_0653.jpg

Back