If you're going to the bash this weekend

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd post up a few "no no's" for anybody whose hitting up the bash at the gap this weekend for their first trip to the gap. When you're entering a corner on the gap, if you see a dragon painted on the road at a corner's entrance be sure to slow down. The painted dragons mean the corner is extra treacherous. Again, if you find someone giving you the universal slow down hand wave, take it seriously. This often means the guy telling you to slow down is leading a tractor trailer through the gap and you don't want to meet him at speed. Another good point for gap running is to make sure to wave faster riders past you. If you don't extend them that courtesy, they won't return the favor when they pass you. It's called "getting stuffed" and you won't like it. Lastly, it's now hunting season and chances are there will be hunters on the gap. Unfortunately a few of these hunters are real A holes and they'll sometimes coat a blind corner with fresh vegatable oil so watch for that too. Be safe and have a great trip!

Ian G.
www.redlinestands.com

Thanks for the advice. Will have to remember those.
beerchug.gif

Thanks!! If anyone cancels the Hotel let me know .Me and 2 others need a room.. I sure hope the weather is good....
bowdown.gif

that has to be one sick person to put oil down on a road, one i do not have any respect or use for.

Oil on the road! I know how to gut a deer, cant be that hard on an a-hole.

LEO's aren't quite as bad, but they're still there. Be careful, do the speed limit, and do NOT cross the double yellow. Make sure your registration is right and bring your insurance cards.

(TennBusa @ Sep. 26 2007,17:48) LEO's aren't quite as bad, but they're still there.  Be careful, do the speed limit, and do NOT cross the double yellow.  Make sure your registration is right and bring your insurance cards.
They're not bad if you follow all traffic laws.
laugh.gif

I'm sure the get together will be supervised.
biggrin.gif

See ya when you get back.

Back