Not sure what's happening to me....

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
This year I've probably put less than 1,000 miles on my R1. However, on the other hand I've probably put 4,000 or so miles combined between my 95' Honda XR250L dual sport dirt bike and my 03' Shadow 750. There are absolutely no curves here at all; seriously, our entire road system looks like a freakin cartesian plane! I just don't ride my sport bike hardly at all anymore because it's not well suited to my riding conditions at all. I love taking the R1 to the gap. It feels like I'm getting a divorce.

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Stands Sport Bike Stands Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

I feel for you... all the corners around here have stop lights...

i was the same way but i realized it was not the roads that i was riding on or free time to ride. i put 2500 miles on my zx14 before i sold it in one year and since i got my 08 busa in march of this year i have already have 5000 miles on it and it is not even a year yet.
i really enjoy my 08 busa and that has alot do with it.:thumbsup:

maybe time for new busa for you!

Last edited:
And to think, when I was living in the Shenandoah valley with mountains for miles, I was growing tired of the curves.... Now I kinda miss them.

Hey Shawnski, I know what you mean when you say you enjoy your Busa. I got mine September 27th of last year and she now has over 33,000 miles on her. I put over 16,000 miles since May of this year alone. That's how much I love her.

This year I've probably put less than 1,000 miles on my R1. However, on the other hand I've probably put 4,000 or so miles combined between my 95' Honda XR250L dual sport dirt bike and my 03' Shadow 750. There are absolutely no curves here at all; seriously, our entire road system looks like a freakin cartesian plane! I just don't ride my sport bike hardly at all anymore because it's not well suited to my riding conditions at all. I love taking the R1 to the gap. It feels like I'm getting a divorce.

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Stands Sport Bike Stands Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

Hey, You can come up to collierville and I have some trails for you. When I get my bike this winter maybe we can ride sometime. I have found quite a bit of nice curve filled roads in Western TN.

I use to get up at 4:00 am. just so I could ride before work. I bet I haven't put 100 miles on my bike in the last month, and a half. I have no idea what happened ?? I don't know if it's from ALWAYS riding alone, and on the same roads ??

At least your riding something ??

Hey Kenny, I still do that 4:00 am ride. I call it 100 miles before breakfast. Just not yesterday because I had friends came over from NY. Not going to happen tomorrow either because they're calling for rain.:banghead: So the next one will be on Sunday.

On another note: Ordered a set of stands (rolling) from you this week, were here at my door in 24 hours thanks much for the prompt service!

You can come stay with me anytime you like. I am an hour away from the dragon.

Since I got my KLR 650 I'm never on my busa. Bought the klr with about 4k on the clock 2 years ago. I now have almost 11k on her. Bought the busa in 2000 with zero miles on the clock and now have 8k. I'm starting to think the only reason I take the busa out is so that the gas doesn't go bad sitting in the tank. Sometimes I think about selling her but I know if I did it wouldn't be long before I got a new one. I enjoy taking her out for a blast even if the rides are short and few.

It's snowing in Waynesville now so I imagine the dragon is covered in snow. Guess you will have to wait until next year :(

Since I got my KLR 650 I'm never on my busa. Bought the klr with about 4k on the clock 2 years ago. I now have almost 11k on her. Bought the busa in 2000 with zero miles on the clock and now have 8k. I'm starting to think the only reason I take the busa out is so that the gas doesn't go bad sitting in the tank. Sometimes I think about selling her but I know if I did it wouldn't be long before I got a new one. I enjoy taking her out for a blast even if the rides are short and few.

Good chance that a KLR650, or something similar to it, will be my next bike :thumbsup:

Guess I should add that it won't be to replace the busa. There are plenty of backroads where I live and I can't ride the busa on most of them. Just plan to put a little balance to the stable.

Last edited:
Back