Nostalgia BMW

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
All aluminum body work. I like it!

Not a fan at all. BMW revealed they were working on the 1800 cc twin and many of the BMW guys were wondering why the most technically advanced motorcycle manufacturer was wasting R&D $$$ on such a low aspiration engine. As I said on the BMW forum, it's like the smartest kid in the class getting himself expelled like the dumb kids!

Edit: Let the BMW customizers do this stuff, we want state of the art from BMW!

Not a fan at all. BMW revealed they were working on the 1800 cc twin and many of the BMW guys were wondering why the most technically advanced motorcycle manufacturer was wasting R&D $$$ on such a low aspiration engine. As I said on the BMW forum, it's like the smartest kid in the class getting himself expelled like the dumb kids!

Ah, spoken like a true BMW snob. :poke: :laugh:

I'm thinking retro is coming back....look at all the success other companies are getting by going retro. Even though this design may not appeal to many in the North America market, I'll bet in Europe it will be well received.

I'm thinking retro is coming back....look at all the success other companies are getting by going retro. Even though this design may not appeal to many in the North America market, I'll bet in Europe it will be well received.
BMW has retro covered with the R Nine T and the Scrambler variants (the retro market is small engines and café racers). This bike was built around the 1800 cc twin, and I'm sorry but I don't get this motor. It looks goofy and out of scale and points out the limitations of the flat twin and why the HD twin is a much better idea. If it had water heads I could see the cooling advantage and the ability to turn the compression up. But as configured, the only bike to put this in is a retro where performance is not expected. Like I said - not getting it.

Back