New BMW may surpass the GoldWing

I'm not feelin' it. It looks like the fairing is like 10 feet in front of the bike.
Weird, BMW usually nails it for styling for me..

Oh well, I'd take an adventure tourer over a full tourer anyway..

I think it looks great :thumbsup: The adaptive headlight should be a real nice for the guys that ride day and night :thumbsup:

Let the Beemer Babies have their fancy machines. They love paying for over priced transportation anyways. I'm not a huge gold wing fan either, maybe because my bones don't ache....yet.

It said $20-$25K US

ouch...

Well, it actually comes in cheaper then the 2012 GoldWing.....depending on what package you get.

"Retail price also increases slightly, up $300 to $600 depending on the model, with the G-wing's MSRP now ranging from $23,199 to $28,499. "

2012 Honda Gold Wing Quick Ride - Motorcycle USA

I'm not a huge fan of the styling on the BMW but some of the features offered, such as the headlight, Bluetooth and ABS are nice and to me, would be expected on a bike of that class.

Sounds like a great competitor for the GoldWing. BMW seems to really be trying to step up and compete with the other import bikes.

2012 BMW K1600GTL First Ride - Motorcycle USA

Hope this isn't a repost.

I doubt that it will challenge the "Wing" in sales...I hope that it does...I would love to a battle between Honda and BMW.

We the consumer would end up with a better bike in the long run!
Posted via Mobile Device

I hate being stuck behind the GoldWing crowd. Those damn things are worse than cars. (Except for that lunatic that thrashed his around The Dragon, of course...)

I love the goldwing. I'm not too keen on the styling of the 2011 model. I know it's crazy to even consider it, but that reverse is really nice when you park on a slight downhill.

I'm all for a good competitor but I don't think the BMW is there yet. Maybe after I get the chance to ride one it can change my mind. Glad to see BMW is expanding their lines.

Our local dealer, Pandora Motorsports, has one. Got a email from them last night saying come on up for a demo ride. Think I will take them up on the offer. :) By they way, they are a great dealership.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our local dealer, Pandora Motorsports, has one. Got a email from them last night saying come on up for a demo ride. Think I will take them up on the offer. :) By they way, they are a great dealership.
Posted via Mobile Device

:popcorn:

You know you are obligated to provide a review afterwards, right? :rulez:

It looks ok to me but I like the 1500 goldwings. They are the plush ones!

Back