noise snare coming to a city neer you

more and more revenue generateing devices for goverment to waste while our schools go with no budgets and are closeing...:rulez:

wth....80 db? I was an engineer in the Navy and we did noise monitoring, were concerned with noise for OSHA and NAVOSH...82db is single hearing protection, i.e. earplugs. unless it's 12 A.M. why is this a concern? so now people that live near airport will be ticketing planes? that's upwards of 104 db. This is another example of HOA's bi#$%ing and someone capitalizing on it. we as a society are becoming entirely to sensitive. The best advice I could give is "lighten up". All the problems in this world and this is what we are focused on.

Fine by me. No personal vehicle needs to rattle windows from a block away. I've said for years that if we didn't self-regulate the "loud" thing on our own that it would ultimately be done for us. We have no one to blame for this beyond all those who have opted for "loud" on the street. We all want to enjoy peace and quiet at home and nobody wants to walk around with earplugs to go the store, so this really shouldn't come as any surprise. The surprise should be that it hasn't happened sooner.

I will say that the threshold seems a bit low based on the sample video that indicated a violation of 82db from that truck, so the threshold would surely need to be set more realistically.

The best thing about this system as compared to any other anti-noise measure: It DOES NOT discriminate against motorcycles, it'll slap ALL vehicles that offend. This is MUCH better than all the noise laws written that apply ONLY to motorcycles even though motorycycles make up only a tiny percentage of the vehicles that contribute to the noise issues. On the other hand, there aren't too many things that compare to the obnoxious volume endured by an open pipe cruiser at full throttle as it "cruises" through an otherwise quiet neighborhood, which is likely why bikes as a group are so often targeted overall.

Question is, will it tag those minivans full of kids and the screaming soccer mom? :rofl:

legal or not legal, i'll never understand why anyone would want to ride around on a motorcycle that is sooo extreamly loud.

I always find it funny how the gov does all these things for us. Nooo, it's got nothing to do with the money it'll generate. :laugh: Gee what happens if everyone abids by every law and there's no source of money anymore and they still have to pay the fees for the services to use these snares... guess my taxes will go up some more. :laugh:

At least they don't have to hier a cop to do this and waste his time.

They can do the exact same thing with radar and write speeding tickets. Park a vehicle and let it record all of the speeders. We have a govt that is going to be like in the Science fiction movies. Our every move is going to be watched, recorded and examined to make sure you didn't violate any laws. Of coourse, the laws will cover almost all behaviors! Luckily I will not live long enough to see this outcome. We now have to shoot all lawyers, politicians and Electrical Engineers!:thumbsup:

They didn't show it working with lots of close traffic, for example one car behind the other.

Seems if there is heavy traffic, loud car goes by if someone is close on his heels, seems like the wrong guy going to get poped.

They can do the exact same thing with radar and write speeding tickets. Park a vehicle and let it record all of the speeders. We have a govt that is going to be like in the Science fiction movies. Our every move is going to be watched, recorded and examined to make sure you didn't violate any laws. Of coourse, the laws will cover almost all behaviors! Luckily I will not live long enough to see this outcome. We now have to shoot all lawyers, politicians and Electrical Engineers!:thumbsup:

How old are you? The Pre-Crime division of the San Angeles Police Department is being formed as we speak.

Back