Strange Noise

Decklin

Registered
I have an 04 Busa and I am at 100 miles. On my way home I noticed a loud rattle like noise begin to come from the bike. I got home and tried to listen for the noise. it appears to be coming from the right lower fairing right in front of the oil tank. I havent removed any fairings but it sounds like it coming from the motor right when the enhine is cut off the noise goes away. I have had 2 harleys and never heard a noise like this before. Sounds like a really strong rattle but I am not for sure whats all under that fairing. Should I just take it back to the dealer and let them have at it or should I take the fairing off and investigate myself. I am an aircraft mechanic not a bike mechanic but I know how to use tools..haha. What do you guys think

I would say to check it at the dealer's. Your bike shouldn't really be making any funny noises at 100mi.

Have 'em take a look at it...it's better to be safe than sorry.

Like Pac said ... Is is new make them fix it the way you want it. no cost to you. use it why you can. Not sure what it could be on the Right side. Most likely something that came loose.

Normally I'd say take it apart and check into it yerself, but with warranty, I'm goin with Pac and NE.......make the dealer fix the damn thing.
Oh......and I don't think I've welcomed you yet, so WELCOME!!!
beerchug.gif

Back