knocking noises....

willgetbusa

Registered
coming from underneath the front end of the bike when bike's in gear and moving. the knocking noise is more noticeable when the bike is cold. when i walk the bike w/ engine on, no noise. there's only noises when i'm riding it with the engine on. i also shook the front tire but there's only a slight noise coming from the steering stablizer damper but it didn't seem as loud as the noise i hear while riding. even with a helmet on, i can sometimes hear it. it sounds like it's coming from the front fork/tire area while riding but i'm not really sure. i will sit on it and walk w/ it with the engine running to see if i can hear anything. any one experience similar noises? could it be just the steering damper? any suggestion/inputs would be appreciated.

thanks for the reply. i tapped and shook the front fairing by the head light today to see if i can hear anything and i didn't hear anything but a few small pebbles fell out, probably road debries. then i put it in the first gear and rode it w/o a helmet to see if i can hear the knock, didn't hear anything so i hope that's the end of it.

Steering damper....they're usually noisier when ya hit little bumps/imperfections in the road at low speed for some reason.
The sound is different than if ya just tap it with yer hand.

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106186401 -->

Back