Timing chain noise!

drq

Registered
How much noise should be coming from the timing chain area? My 03 has about 27k and I have some noise from this area (can hear the chain). Not real loud but can hear it good when its sitting still.:please:

How much noise? Uh, not much. ??? Cam chain tensioner may be worn or loose, 29K is the next service interval, so it's right around the corner.

Are you sure it's not the clutch. Busa clutchs can be very noisey. Pull in the lever. If it goes away, don't worry about it. Keep 'er lit.

Not real loud. I've not been around many busa's except my own, just know that I can hear the cam chain when I let off the gas when revving it slightly at a stop or just sitting in the driveway.

Nah, it sounds like that. If it's the cam chain, it will make a slight clicking noise when the bike is first started and it goes away as the bike warms up.

The busa power plant is pretty noisy. My '03 used to make me wonder all the time until I asked an experienced mechanic/Busa rider about it and he said, "Sounds fine to me!"

I've never worried about it since!

--Wag--

yeah mine vibes like there is a loose chain above 5K rpms... it bugs me. Sounds that way since 8K miles.

Back