NOCO Lithium battery

c10

Registered
Wife's Tiger 900GT gave up today and we had not ridden in a year together due to some surgery . So not to let the day down I ran to Walmart for anything .
I decided to give this a try @159 after tax / core charge it is very well put together , and the spacers are like legos with a solid snap together for spacing in your battery tray .
The Tiger spins over better than day one new with its YTZ14S battery .
NOCO - 500A Lithium Powersport Battery - NLP14

Saved 6 pounds off yhe wife's bike to boot.

20231015_104009.jpg

20231015_104714.jpg

20231015_104719.jpg

Thanks for the post. The battery in my GSXR is 6 years old now. I am thinking about going with this also especially since you are using this in your bike.

I also just bought this battery on Saturday for my 2022. It is currently $129.95 on Amazon. It fits perfectly with one spacer and cranks it over better and faster than it ever did with the original lead acid. I used the voltage display on the dash to monitor the voltage while riding and runs about 13.7 V.

Was just at Total Battery getting a battery for my generator and noticed they had a Dakota LiPo for my bike there...it was $215 Cdn so a good price.

It has 30Ah/400CCA and an 11 yr warranty...

The guy handed me the box and said "yes, there's a battery in there"

I'm going to do a little more research and if I like what I read, I might get my bike an early Christmas present...

Was just at Total Battery getting a battery for my generator and noticed they had a Dakota LiPo for my bike there...it was $215 Cdn so a good price.

It has 30Ah/400CCA and an 11 yr warranty...

The guy handed me the box and said "yes, there's a battery in there"

I'm going to do a little more research and if I like what I read, I might get my bike an early Christmas present...
We got a little cold snap here. I was doing something else in the garage and had my Wings stereo going. After about 15 minutes, it all went dead. My voltage meter showed 5V.

Hmmm.

Put it on the charger and it wouldn't take a charge.

Hmmm.

So off to Amazon. Found a NOCO NLP20 on sale for $99. Last one left. Instant buy.

I expected it to be super light based on my other LIOn.

What I didn't expect was 600 CCAs.

That's a huge bump up from stock.

And reading the specs. It automatically disconnects the cells at a high and low temp set point. I think low is like -20F.

I'll never in hell be riding in that cold.

Then I popped for a LifePo charger. I'll probably never need it but I figured if I treat this right it will go @ least 5 years. It has a 5 year warranty.

I am only a few more parts away from my '03 Gsxr1k project being able to run again (and still lots to do to it after, lol)
but I have been looking at lithium batteries lately, but have yet to see one for $99, and with 600cca!
lol, wow
I will have to look those up.
All the lithium batteries I've seen will save me over 5 lbs, and from a good location to lose it, and spin the engine quicker, so I'm going to get one, vs another lead acid.
The battery that came out of my '03 is Huge, and weighs around 8 lbs!
lmao

Last edited:
We got a little cold snap here. I was doing something else in the garage and had my Wings stereo going. After about 15 minutes, it all went dead. My voltage meter showed 5V.

Hmmm.

Put it on the charger and it wouldn't take a charge.

Hmmm.

So off to Amazon. Found a NOCO NLP20 on sale for $99. Last one left. Instant buy.

I expected it to be super light based on my other LIOn.

What I didn't expect was 600 CCAs.

That's a huge bump up from stock.

And reading the specs. It automatically disconnects the cells at a high and low temp set point. I think low is like -20F.

I'll never in hell be riding in that cold.

Then I popped for a LifePo charger. I'll probably never need it but I figured if I treat this right it will go @ least 5 years. It has a 5 year warranty.

Any new pics of the bike, or the battery?
That model GW is the next bike I'm buying.

Any new pics of the bike, or the battery?
That model GW is the next bike I'm buying.
Lol. Pretty hard to get excited about a battery enough to take pics.

Not a lot to show. I did like that I could have it lower than stock. It allows for more room for terminal hook ups.

As far as pictures of bike. I don't know where I left off in pics. I don't think I made any since installing the GPS unit.

I spose if you're really bored I can take pics of how I mounted a full complement of sockets in dead spaces in the saddlebags. I'm exploiting all the nooks and crannies to find homes for the hundreds of little things you'll have for the "just in case You're broke down" in the middle of nowhere. First aid kits etc. But still having the whole box left for luggage etc.

Yeah,
I found one there for $109
I buy alot there because most sellers take PayPal.
I'm going to get one of those batteries soon too, thanks for the info.
While I like Amazon better typically, sometimes the worldwide garage sale has better bargains. It was brand new, with full warranty. And free shipping.

I discovered a bead leak on my front darkside Bridgestone I bought on Amazon. Seller asked for pics and I sent them. New tire shows up at the door.

It's really hard to beat what the online marketplace has done.

Back