New Shorai lithium battery reveiw

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
I got the battery the other day . I've had great customer seervice from Shorai . Even when I made a mistake and ordered the wrong battery , Aaron made sure that the right one was shipped. Once the battery was in stock it was shipped and got to me very quikly (they are located in Ca). I weighed the battery as you can see and it came in at a whopping 2lbs5ozs . My scale won't go high enough for the old Yausa so I looked up the specs and it was 8lbs5oz for a weight savings of 6lbs !!!! As you can see I had a Yausa YTZ14S, I needed a higher cranking battery for the big bore . The Yausa has 230 cranking amps and the new Shorai has 270 ! The battery came shipped in a box with alot of one sided sticky foam padding which is nice because its smaller as you can see , so this way I can add foam to make a snug fit . You can see I just put it in the bike because I was dying to ride . The battery was charged and started up nicely . I will give a review of starting after it sits a few days and in a year to see how it is lasting . This Battery comes with a 2 year warranty.

So Lets reveiw: 6lbs lighter (75% weight savings)
40 more cranking amps
only about $40 more
Lithium iron
Military grade carbon case
Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery has been proven as the most
environmental friendly battery. It is the safest and most suitable
for high output usage.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about a new battery !
Attached Images

BTW it's lithium ion not lithium iron. I was considering one of these but I have read they do not perform well in low temps and can actually be ruined by freezing temps in storage. Might want to look into it.

BTW , check your facts first ,:poke: It IS Lithium Iron there are different types of batteries. Newer rechargeable lithium batteries use lithium iron phosphate, or LiFePO4. From both a health perspective and an environmental viewpoint, this non-toxic chemical is a significant improvement over the older Li-ion (lithium ion) rechargeable battery made of lithium cobalt dioxide LiCoO2.

I haven't found any info on freezing temps but it doesn't get that bad here in my garage .

BTW it's lithium ion not lithium iron. I was considering one of these but I have read they do not perform well in low temps and can actually be ruined by freezing temps in storage. Might want to look into it.

E Zurcher...Frisbee is correct. it is a Lithium Iron battery...Pretty cool technology. Also Shorai claims that a battery can sit for up to a year without being used and it will hold it's charge. Battery won't sulfate up like a lead acid battery will.

Back