Shorai Lithium battery

Still working great but I do want to go to a duel battery set up since the big bore needs the extra umff when hot . I will order another one for the second batt

I had a Yausa 14 which was fine, but died after a year , This one has more CCA's than that and turns over fine . but when the motor gets hot its slow to turn . Big bored motors are a little harder to turn. the one I have would probly be fine for what I do but i'd hate to be sitting around on a hot day waiting for the motor to cool

Nice write-up. Someone just told me about this batt, hes pretty happy with it, I might have to look into it when I need one.:thumbsup:

I just rode to Reno and back 700 miles each way . I didn't have any issues with starts even when cold except for one or two times . I'm sure its because of the 1397 , so I will still do a duel kit.

Hmm... Might wanna get these since it ships to my country.

So basically its just like a stock replacement right? Need not to mod anything?

Just need to pad the batt box because its smaller than stock, other than that its just conect it and go.

As you can see in the pics ther is alot of padding that comes with it . different size foam with one stickey side

Any experience yet starting in cold weather? I had a lithium battery in my old chopper (not a Shorai) and it cranked fine in warm weather, but it was an iffy proposition when the weather dropped below 50 degrees.

Mine has been fine starting since the day I installed it. Of course, I am down in GA, but I had it going the other morning when it was near 40 degrees without any problems. I do not have a Shorai either, I have the one that Schnitz Racing sells.

I saw a new competitor in the market for this type of battery. Forget the brand name, but it was being sold by a major outfit like bikebandit. will look for it later.

I have the ballistic one and love it. It's TINY and weighs damn near nothing. Bike starts every time, drag raced with it, been 190 with it, no problems.

This is the one I have. Like the poster above, when the box arrived I thought they had forgotten to put the battery in it. Also, it is about 1/2 the size of a stock battery.

p2-term.jpg

Back