Anyone know if this battery will fit?

Not being a **** at all, very good info!
Ok so here goes, I had some time today so I pulled the factory battery for comparison prior to ordering the Shorai (disclaimer, not doing this to be a d!ck, just for info purposes, any mod improving the function of the bike is worth looking into):

The stock battery on gen 2 IS a YTX12-BS . The one which requires some seat mod (trimming the plastic pan, no big deal) is the YTX14-BS.

Actual measurements of YTX12-BS: 5.125" Tall x 5.875" Wide x 3.250" Deep
Shorai Measurements of LFX21A6-12BS: 5.510" Tall x 5.830" Wide x 3.230" Deep

This indicates that the Shorai is 0.385" taller than the factory battery, and is slightly smaller than the factory battery in all other dimensions. The factory battery just kisses the underside of the seat, as there is actually a foam pad on the seat tray which just takes the "DO NOT OPEN" battery case raised lettering imprint very slightly.

This indicates to me that any thickness including the battery retention foam and the plastic pan can be included in the measurement of material I can remove.

The plastic and foam of the bottom of the seat pan measure out to be 0.375" thick. This indicates to me that the factory seat foam will apply 0.010" worth of tension on the top of the battery, which I believe will be fine for the Shorai, as I believe this is the same for the YTX-14BS battery.

Anyone got a link to the YTX-14's dimensions or the thread where guys were modifying the seat pan? I just want to make sure I will not be squashing/damaging my new battery in any way,...

Back