Anyone know of this: Voltphreaks battery?

jay21112

Registered
Well, I replaced the battery this year and went with the YUASA 235 CCA battery to ensure I don't have any problems starting her.

However I've been reading about a few people on the site with some engine mods who were saying that even the YUASA wasn't cutting it for them, and they went with a 24V starting system. I know tiger racing makes a few different battery boxes to go this route. However, now you have to charge one battery with a trickle charger (or both seperately if you leave the bike unattended) or have to buy an isolater and try to find room to mount it.

I love new stuff, and I just learned about the voltphreaks batteries. These things are super lightweight, and seem to put out some power. The downside: cost. However if they last the 10 years that they claim, then the cost really isn't so bad.

It seems that they have a 3 lb battery with 275CCA that is almost the same dimensions as stock (6x4.5x2.5"). That's even better than the YUASA. https://s.p10.hostingprod.com/@www.vo....s_id=36

However, I noticed they have a 4.5 lb 475CCA battery and even a 6lb 675CCA battery! The dimensions are just slightly larger than stock at 8.3x5x3. I don't know if that would fit with a stock tail, but I have a tiger tail, and I'm positive it would fit under the seat.

Wondering if anybody has tried these or thought about them. Seems like a good solution.

I will probaly go to Schintz for a larger output battery if I ever get the cash for the big bore/ stroker engine.

Back