battery charger?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
i just bought a new yuasa batt, the battery charging specs are 12v 1.5amp my battery charger is 12v 2amp. can i cahrge the battery with that charger?

Leave it on for 1 hour and then check it with a voltmeter.
12.8 volts is fully charged.
Bike batteries are small and the lead plates are small and you can overcharge them easily.
It won't need any more than 2 or 3 hours unless it was right dead.

I use a Shumacher full floating charger from Walmart about $20.00, when the battery's charged it stops charging and monitors the battery until it needs to start charging again.

I use a Shumacher full floating charger from Walmart about $20.00, when the battery's charged it stops charging and monitors the battery until it needs to start charging again.

Based on your recomendation I went out and bought one too. Thing is great! For years I avoided buying a battery tender, I didn't realize that they had the leads that connect to the battery and stick out under the seat.

This saves the time of taking off your seat and is really convient to hook up when bike is down.

Thanks for your input.

Yes but I'd use a Deltran battery 'tender' Jr. instead.
+1 (most ideal IMO)
It will be ok :thumbsup:
+1 although option one above is far better in case you forget to turn the charger off

Leave it on for 1 hour and then check it with a voltmeter.
12.8 volts is fully charged.
Bike batteries are small and the lead plates are small and you can overcharge them easily.
It won't need any more than 2 or 3 hours unless it was right dead.
+1 and right back to option 1...

Back