Whats the best battery and charger combo i can get?

superchargedv8

Registered
The bike i just bought keeps not wanting to start on me but it only does it when the alarm is hooked up. The battery i have works fine if the alarm gets disconnected but Im thinking i can just upgrade to a more powerful battery because i also have some LED's on the bike. What battery should i be looking at that can handle the accessories on the bike and what battery charger should i get...keep reading trickle chargers are bad....this is a bit new to me since my last busa had no problems whatsoever with starting.

for the ion battery's i won't have to deal with sulfate damaging it if it gets low like a regular acid battery? Because if thats the case i can just get a simple charger and spend more on the battery.

o and btw do we have a vendor that has the hook up on these batteries here or do they have to be bought directly thru that website?

i don't think my current battery is bad just not up to the task...thats why i want something stronger...maybe i can sell my current battery for cheap locally to offset the cost.

yeah went to the 99 dollar site and when you pick the 12 cell for the busa it adds 99 bucks so ends up to the same....ill look around and see whats up...thnx tho!

i run motobatt's in both my bikes. no complaints here & if i remember correctly it has more cca than stock (for the hayabusa). very reasonable prices on ebay & amazon IMO.

I run the lithium battery from Schnitz and I am very happy with it. It is small, lightweight and cranks hard every time. They are costly, but I have 100% confidence in this battery and will for years to come.

I run the lithium battery from Schnitz and I am very happy with it. It is small, lightweight and cranks hard every time. They are costly, but I have 100% confidence in this battery and will for years to come.
I'm still running the original batteries in both my 04 busa and 06 14. Both have alarms, pc's, speedohealers etc. I bought 2 $18.97 Schumacher 1.5 amp charger/maintainers for them years ago, and keep them plugged in all the time I'm not riding. If you keep your batteries hooked up to a good tender when not riding, most any battery will last a VERY long time :thumbsup:

i got a really good deal on a ballistic so i got it....might be just this bike but all my other busas i never kept on a tender and never had a problem....but then again this is the first bike I've had with an alarm....so this whole keeping a bike on a tender is new to me.

my scorpio alarms kills my battery in a less than 2 weeks. I keep it on a bettery tender with the pig tail attached to the battery so all Ihave to do is plug it it to the connector hanging out from the frame.

I know you got a battery..but just passing it out there...I have a motobatt on my 06 and a Shorai on my 05 Project.

my scorpio alarms kills my battery in a less than 2 weeks. I keep it on a bettery tender with the pig tail attached to the battery so all Ihave to do is plug it it to the connector hanging out from the frame.

I know you got a battery..but just passing it out there...I have a motobatt on my 06 and a Shorai on my 05 Project.

the alarm the bike has is also a scorpio....wonder if something is wrong with it or if it needs an internal battery replaced....hmmm

the alarm the bike has is also a scorpio....wonder if something is wrong with it or if it needs an internal battery replaced....hmmm
Nope alarms just do that. With an alarm a battery tender is a must if your bike sits for any length of time. Best just to always keep them plugged in when not riding :thumbsup:

Nope alarms just do that. With an alarm a battery tender is a must if your bike sits for any length of time. Best just to always keep them plugged in when not riding :thumbsup:

sounds good....i think thats what I'm gunna be doing from now on....i gotta call ballistic battery's customer service now to see if i can use my current charger on their battery.

i got a really good deal on a ballistic so i got it....might be just this bike but all my other busas i never kept on a tender and never had a problem....but then again this is the first bike I've had with an alarm....so this whole keeping a bike on a tender is new to me.
In stock form the bike draws a small amount of current while parked alarm systems draw significantly more current. You should be good for over night, but if you're parking her for days you need to plug her in.

Back