Well It May Be Time, Battery Gave Me Fits This Morning

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
It may be time for a new battery. OEM battery has lasted 8 years now. LOL, started normal this morning and rode about 32 miles before I decided to stop for gas. Slow cranked on me twice and just as I was formulating a plan to push start her she fired up. Guess I will be ordering a battery and hope she starts tonight for the ride home. Will park her till the battery gets here, I just cleaned and lubed the chain last night too. Crap, she normally stays on a tender, but parking at the apartment I have no where to plug it in, and I ride almost every day. Not bad for a 2009 battery. Think I got its life worth out of it?

My OEM was perfect at 6 years and I replaced it. It really aggravated me to do that. Sounds like you got all you can get out of that one.

When the time comes to replace mine I am going to try the lightweight lithium type battery anything would help to lighten up the beast :thumbsup:

When the time comes to replace mine
I am going to try the lightweight lithium type battery
anything would help to lighten up the beast .

:thumbsup:

ee9550ae-45d5-423d-a134-cd4ad83c8151.jpg._CB288241984_.jpg

I just installed a WPS Featherweight Lithium Battery (HJTZ14S-FP-IL) and have had zero issues.

I have an almost brand new 480cca lithium out of the Low Rider S I used to have but the dang thing is too big to fit the busa. I thought about putting it on its side under the hump but I'd have to do the trunk mod and don't really want to cut it up.

Does it feel a whole lot lighter now ~ sounds like this one works fine too *

My previous battery weighed roughly 8.5 lbs and this WPS battery weighs just under 2.5 lbs. Old battery was 175 CCA and this one is 290 CCA.

We were floored by how light these are and kept passing it to people to see their reactions (one guy asked if we had emptied the acid). These also don't require some special charger like others I had seen in the past.

This is my first season using one so time will tell how well it does long term.

Back