Anyone Know What This Make this Jump Start Setup is?

jchbusa

Registered
I bought the bike with this already fitted.
The dealer won't give me any details as the previous owners details are on the purchases (fuc£i*n^ GDPR)
Trying to find out where to get the cable that fits into this and then onto clips to fit onto a donor battery to jump start the bike if needed.

Anyone?

20191116_135507.jpg

20191116_135509.jpg

I bought the bike with this already fitted.
The dealer won't give me any details as the previous owners details are on the purchases (fuc£i*n^ GDPR)
Trying to find out where to get the cable that fits into this and then onto clips to fit onto a donor battery to jump start the bike if needed.

Anyone?

View attachment 1607829

View attachment 1607830
It looks like a power plug for a heated vest or maybe a battery tender to me.

I certainly can't see a need to have a remote wire for jump starting as this isn't a normal thing to do to a motorcycle unlike a diesel army truck or something...which have ports for slave cables to jump start them.

I believe it’s a battery tender pigtail and since you don’t know the brand, remove it, buy a Deltran battery tender Jr. (very inexpensive) and connect its pigtail to the battery so you’ll have a charged battery every time you ride it (and) so your battery will stay (maintained) properly when you’re not riding.

That my friend is a Oxford Battery Tender connector plug.
I have one the same, but those connectors are crap so I fitted better quality connector plugs to my set up.
1573937708317.png

1573937852425.png

No way can you jump start your bike using that !!!
The wire gauge is way to thin and will melt in a nano second with the high amperage current draw the starter will take.

When I bought my Z I noticed it had a CTEK pigtail as did all their new bikes in the showroom. They wanted to gouge all new bike buyers with a whopping $175 battery tender (included) in the sale. I balked at that ridiculous price so they didn’t charge me and said they didn’t need the pigtail back (since I was smart enough not to buy their overpriced charger) because they had plenty in stock. :confused: I already had a couple Deltran tenders so I just removed the pigtail, installed one of mine and I’m all set. I wonder how many new buyers get rooked into over paying for that CTEK charger...frikkin dealers!

Great that wraps that up then thanks guys.

Don't need a battery tender as it's ridden 6 days a week and hols are only 2 weeks max and don't go abroad very often so normally have a day or 2 of riding.
It's also ridden all year round and in any weather as its my daily to work.

Again thanks for the answers :-)

Back