NOCO Lithium battery

While I like Amazon better typically, sometimes the worldwide garage sale has better bargains. It was brand new, with full warranty. And free shipping.

I discovered a bead leak on my front darkside Bridgestone I bought on Amazon. Seller asked for pics and I sent them. New tire shows up at the door.

It's really hard to beat what the online marketplace has done.

I've had good luck with ebay over the years, and the rare time I've had a problem, PayPal quickly refunds my money, and I don't have to deal with my bank.
I do buy on Amazon on occasion though.
But, that looks like the best lithium battery I've seen, price vs warranty and CCA.
That will be the one I order as of now.
I'm just going to wait until I Need it, vs having it sit on a charger waiting on me, or other parts.
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

I've had good luck with ebay over the years, and the rare time I've had a problem, PayPal quickly refunds my money, and I don't have to deal with my bank.
I do buy on Amazon on occasion though.
But, that looks like the best lithium battery I've seen, price vs warranty and CCA.
That will be the one I order as of now.
I'm just going to wait until I Need it, vs having it sit on a charger waiting on me, or other parts.
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.
I don't throw shade on E-Bay at all. I still prefer them for some things. Like anything used or out of production they are great for. And yes to the PayPal.

Amazon seems to be where they offer the best prices on new things. And with a Prime account everything ships 2 day and free.

The battery purchase was the last one seller had in inventory. He has been previously selling it for $119.

Which even at that, it's a lot of battery. My concerns for Lithium batteries all seem to be getting resolved. Now you can't over charge them. The amp hours are way more useable than 2 years ago and are about twice what the equivalent lead acid is in the same space. The BMS shuts them off at danger temps.

The only thing my electrical brain is still rolling around is:

The LIon BMS does it's job to protect the battery. However when it activates it essentially opens the positive to negative circuit to open. There is no longer a path to ground.

An alternator doesn't know what it's charging. Lead acids never remove a load from the alternator. It just sends excess energy out to ground.

A LIon opens the load. Which to me seems like the alternator voltage regulator will run away in voltage until the diodes blow in the alternator. So in my mind, in theory, it seems like alternators are at some risk here if the LIon BMS triggers.

I'm not sure the likelihood of this in reality. They are still new to the motorcycle space, and they may have built in the electrical work around. The fact that I need a charger that is specific to the battery is what makes me ponder how our dinosaur alternators will manage this new stuff.

I don't throw shade on E-Bay at all. I still prefer them for some things. Like anything used or out of production they are great for. And yes to the PayPal.

Amazon seems to be where they offer the best prices on new things. And with a Prime account everything ships 2 day and free.

The battery purchase was the last one seller had in inventory. He has been previously selling it for $119.

Which even at that, it's a lot of battery. My concerns for Lithium batteries all seem to be getting resolved. Now you can't over charge them. The amp hours are way more useable than 2 years ago and are about twice what the equivalent lead acid is in the same space. The BMS shuts them off at danger temps.

The only thing my electrical brain is still rolling around is:

The LIon BMS does it's job to protect the battery. However when it activates it essentially opens the positive to negative circuit to open. There is no longer a path to ground.

An alternator doesn't know what it's charging. Lead acids never remove a load from the alternator. It just sends excess energy out to ground.

A LIon opens the load. Which to me seems like the alternator voltage regulator will run away in voltage until the diodes blow in the alternator. So in my mind, in theory, it seems like alternators are at some risk here if the LIon BMS triggers.

I'm not sure the likelihood of this in reality. They are still new to the motorcycle space, and they may have built in the electrical work around. The fact that I need a charger that is specific to the battery is what makes me ponder how our dinosaur alternators will manage this new stuff.
I'll post some pics in the What Did You do to Your Other Bike thread.

Update . Wifes Tiger has sat since this ride when I put the new NOCO in . Have not turned the bike on or charged the unit . Customer came by and we were talking about her 900 Tiger , and the exhaust system . It was cooler than normal in the garage ( mid 40's ) Turned key to on hit start , and it fired over fast and started in just a second or 2 . Even new with the original battery in warmer weather the bike took 2 to 3 seconds to start .

Very satisfied . Will report back late winter with a 30 day sit period in the Cold .

Wife's Tiger 900GT gave up today and we had not ridden in a year together due to some surgery . So not to let the day down I ran to Walmart for anything .
I decided to give this a try @159 after tax / core charge it is very well put together , and the spacers are like legos with a solid snap together for spacing in your battery tray .
The Tiger spins over better than day one new with its YTZ14S battery .
NOCO - 500A Lithium Powersport Battery - NLP14
hi man

the noco seem to be nice

but the more the buckett can carry the more u can sip off it :rolleyes:

what i mean?

MY, in my ´00 gen1 installed , "JMT" lifepo has a capacity of 6 Ah instead of the "only" 4 Ah of the mentioned noco .

and please ALWAYS remember - EVERY battery discharges itself
acid-filled ones with approx. 5% per month, lifepos with less than 1% per month.
this means that a lifepo lasts a very long time when removed and placed on the workbench.
but never forever.
Once it is installed, even my 6Ah lifepo never lasts not longer than a maximum of 4 months until it is so discharged that it can no longer start my '00 busa.
(the clock with its consumption of 3mA/h is to blame / the one who caused it.)

notice :
My 6Ah JMT-lifepo is with the exact dimensions, e.g. built for the Suzuki VL 1500 LC Intruder 98-04 and is sold here in Germany under "HJTX20CH-FP-SI" for around €162.

if you need the long long list of other motorcycles in which this special lifepo is installed,
write to me and I will send you the list via PM.

from across the pond ;-)
frank

Back