Wps Featherweight Li-ion Poly Battery On A Busa

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Hi guys Have seen a lot of good reviews from this battery and a good price. I am planning order it and try it out. Have any of you guys have tried it on there busa? You can even charge it with a regular Battery tender. Check the links below.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/730/58685/WPS-Featherweight-Lithium-Ion-Battery

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wps+lithium+battery+review&spfreload=1

Per these chart here are the battery that you need for the below:
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sizechart/western+powersports

YTZ12S 490-2517 HJTZ14S-FP-IL 6" x 3 7/16" x 4 11/16"
YTZ14S
490-2517 HJTZ14S-FP-IL 6" x 3 7/16" x 4 11/16"

YTZ12S dimensions 6 x 3 7/16 x 4/3/8
YTZ14S dimensions 6 x 3 7/16 x 4/3/8

Details
  • Lithium Ion Polymer technology.
  • All components are designed, manufactured, assembled and packed in one locations assuring high quality and consistency.
  • Extremely lightweight, 50% to 70% lighter than standard batteries.
  • Built-in LED test gauge.
  • This battery has increased cranking amps over lead acid batteries.
  • Increased cranking amps over lead acid batteries.
  • Fast recharge, can be brought up to a 90% charge within 6 minutes.
  • Easily 6 to 12 times more cycle life compared to lead acid batteries.
  • Long shelf life, up to 1 year before requiring recharging.
  • Can be mounted in any position.
  • No hazardous acid or heavy metals, non-explosive and non-combustible.
  • More precise fitments compared to other brands of lithium batteries.
  • 2 year warranty.

• volts = 12
    + post position = Left
    AH capacity = 4.0
    CCA capacity = 240

Last edited:
Last edited:
You will need a 12 cell lithium battery. I tried an eight cell a few years ago and it was not up to the task. I currently use an Antigravity 12 cell small case battery and it is adequate for any temperature.

I had a pulse p3 in the turbo busa.. and unless u are gonna keep it on a charger ALL the time.. I hate it.. it loses power all the time... and good luck trying to use a car to jump start.. just a word of caution.. I went back to lead acid

amazing lithium batteries... been there.... done that... if not on a charger all the time... forget it.. as soon as these Lifepo4 batteries lose their charge and it gets cold... its done.. if it drops below a certain vcoltage.. permanentlty damaged.. they are very sensitive..

find the exact weight. A shorai 14LFX-BS12 weighs 24.7 oz compared to the 11 lb monster I pulled out of my ZX-14. The 14LFX-BS12 has the same specs as OEM but the case is too small to fit the OEM tray. Couple zip ties and a chunk of 1/4" plywood and that problem is solved. The 14LFX-BS12 has reversed poles but they make the same batery with standard poles.

I had a pulse p3 in the turbo busa.. and unless u are gonna keep it on a charger ALL the time.. I hate it.. it loses power all the time... and good luck trying to use a car to jump start.. just a word of caution.. I went back to lead acid

So they don't hold the charge like they say?

So then shud I go with acid battery? Which one you guys recommend me?

like I said.. lithium ion LIFEPO4 batteries have to constantly be kept on a charger.. a special charger.. u cannot use a lead acid type battery to jump start.. its a pain in the ass... UNLESS u constantly have access to a electrical outlet... I went back to lead acid... now I have no special requirements to start the damn bike...

I have been using an AntiGravity 12 cell small case battery for three years now with no issues. I never put it on a trickle charger, though I do ride multiple times per week even in winter. In temperatures in the teens it cranks the bike perfectly fine. This is a $200 battery. You might find one cheaper but you will not find one better.

I have been using an AntiGravity 12 cell small case battery for three years now with no issues. I never put it on a trickle charger, though I do ride multiple times per week even in winter. In temperatures in the teens it cranks the bike perfectly fine. This is a $200 battery. You might find one cheaper but you will not find one better.

Thanks.. by any chance you have the part number? I was checking the web site and there's couple of small case antigravity battery

Shori ........... Customer for 6 years now my original ( 1st shori ) still going in 2012 FJR1300 , 2009 yamaha Tmax 500 is 5 years old still going , 2000 Bandit 2 years old , and the 2014 Hayabusa one is 3.5 years old , but in bike for 2.5 as it sat on my shelf for 1 year as advertised not needing charging before I put it in the bird . It was for another project that was sold off .

I had to charge the FJR one from dead 2 times as a aux switch was left on . When I say dead less than 2 volts DC ! Used a regular charger , but tested with my Fluke meter every half hour till 13.1 VDC was reached .

I’ve been running the same Ballistic lithium battery in my Busa for the last 5+ Years.

I have the Ballistic battery charger. I don’t keep it on the charger when not in use. Actually if I’m not riding my Busa for an extended period of time I just take it out and store it in my house. I put it on the charger only till it fully charges then unplug and set it back on shelf. So far so good and can’t complain cause I got my $$$ worth out of it and would definitely buy another

The AntiGravity part number that I have been using is AG1201. They are available on Amazon for $195. The battery comes with dense foam pads that you adhere to the battery box to make up for the reduced size of the battery. I particularly like the small case battery because it leaves lots of room for placing additional wiring and accessories that seem to accumulate under the seat. I have a GSXR1000 tail on my bike so the extra room is essential. Saving nine pounds is also a nice side benefit. Per pound this is the cheapest weight reducing mod you can do, so it is a win-win. There have been some issues in years past with Lithium Ion batteries, and I see why some have sworn off them because of a bad experience. The technology and quality has come a long way in the past 10 years, however.

Here is a link to a back up battery I carry on Touring trips . Used in my retired ZRX1200R drag bike , once used in above FJR1300 for two weeks of riding while the Shori I depleted was recharged , and sitting on shelf . Wanted tp see how well the little battery held up . I'm not carrying this unit for
my self or wife's bike , but the friend on the ride that lets say does not keep up perfectly on maintenance. I also made a 12 volt plug adapter to use on the little battery for the electric air pump for flat tire road side repairs .

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/small-case/ag-401/

The AntiGravity part number that I have been using is AG1201. They are available on Amazon for $195. The battery comes with dense foam pads that you adhere to the battery box to make up for the reduced size of the battery. I particularly like the small case battery because it leaves lots of room for placing additional wiring and accessories that seem to accumulate under the seat. I have a GSXR1000 tail on my bike so the extra room is essential. Saving nine pounds is also a nice side benefit. Per pound this is the cheapest weight reducing mod you can do, so it is a win-win. There have been some issues in years past with Lithium Ion batteries, and I see why some have sworn off them because of a bad experience. The technology and quality has come a long way in the past 10 years, however.

Thank you!!

I’ve been running the same Ballistic lithium battery in my Busa for the last 5+ Years.

I have the Ballistic battery charger. I don’t keep it on the charger when not in use. Actually if I’m not riding my Busa for an extended period of time I just take it out and store it in my house. I put it on the charger only till it fully charges then unplug and set it back on shelf. So far so good and can’t complain cause I got my $$$ worth out of it and would definitely buy another

Which ballistic battery do you have?

Back