No Drill Sliders TESTED

glad your ok...
smile.gif
Good you were wearing your gear...

...pretty sure your bike will forgive you!! sometimes $hit happens... you cant help it.

That sux. But the fact that your alright is good. Fix that baby!

Got her back together tonite with some borrowed parts. took her for a spin and she seemed happy to be on the road. Even if she is running around with a cracked tail section! I'll get her back to 100% pretty soon but for now I'm likin' the band-aids
tounge.gif
Now I gotta replace the helmet... anybody have a Med. Arai RX-7 Corsair in blue/silver they wanna unload?!?

Sorry to hear about the mishap. I the Busa will forgive you. It's really good to hear you had your gear on. The bike can be fixed, but you'd take much longer to heal. Get the book 'Twist of the Wrist', if you haven't read it yet. Kieth Code goes into really good riding psycology that can help alot with corners and emergency responses. Sorry I can't help you with parts right now. I would if I had them to spare. Now go give the Busa a big hug and a kiss on the fore-fairing (just above the headlight), so she'll feel better about the boo boo's (aren't little kids great with these things).
wink.gif

Yeah sorry about your mishap but nice to hear you are in good condition! Those are the same band-aids my 6 year uses for our house, LOL....

Hey some one on this forum listen up lets get some custom Hayabusa band-aids made up for US.
Or for that matter all models of Sport bike and sell them to the bike shops. Of course leave it up to me to give away a perfectly good business oppourtunity!
idea.gif

wow....sorry to hear this, Moose. On the plus side, I'm glad yer alright....

So how's it coming along now?

Well I guess, I'm the know it all and well I have still not been proven wrong. I said the slider stuck out too far and would cause the bike to barrel roll. This bike never slid down the road. It basically fell on the ground. Notice the sliders aren't burnt. Not exactly what sliders are intended to protect againist but once again not what I claimed. Also if it fell on ground versus a road, the softer substrate will lessen the impact directed on the sliders hence yet another untrue testimony.

I am very glad this rider didn't hafta be the tester for my theories and his bike will hopefully be whole again. But I am still a skeptic.

I guess the few know-it-alls that claimed they'd bend or snap off can go eat crow now.  
this could be a premature statement. According to Moose, the impact area was soft sand.

Asphalt and sand hardly share the same characteristics.
For some reason I think sand or gravel ON the asphalt is what made him go down?
no....he was watchin his friend lose/save/lose/save his ZX-7....

Caused himself to go dirt-bikin'....

off the road was sand....and a mailbox.

Back