No 2010 Suzuki's at all

The markup thing always happens on the most desireable bikes and cars, though. Wait awhile and it won't be an issue. I remember when the Ford GT came out people were paying $50k over sticker to get one. At the end of the 2 year run you could get one for MSRP.

I wish that were the case. There are dealers that marked up the 2010 Camaro a car they will make thousands of. Now there are dealers marking up the 2011 Mustang (with the new 5.0) which again they will make as many as demand requires. It's not like they are only making 200 or 500 of them and they are done. We are talking about thousands of these vehicles...

Same thing with the ZR1, Ford GT, etc... (special car but not that rare) the dealers charged a premium and now they can't move them. Hell, I know guys that found Ford GT's for INVOICE. I remember when the '03 Cobra's came out and the markup was STUPID ($10k+ on a $35k car) and I just laughed at dealers pulling this crap. I bought mine for X-plan price (a few bucks below invoice) and the dealer even sent me a rebate check a couple months later. Heck, half way through '04 there were a bunch on lots. Ford even started giving BIG kickbacks and rebates just to move them.

Manufacturers need to get a handle on there DEALERS and sales might start going up... :banghead:

Yep, 'tis true...I found that out when I attended the D.C. motorcycle show and Suzuki didn't have much on display. The Busas that were there were 2009...

Back