Nitrous with only stock ecu now possible

yosh box do switchable maps?

fueling.JPG

Yosh boxes have about seven or eight maps that you can switch between and have 3 modes for each map std., 5% rich, or 5% lean but since I dont have the hub I cant switch between maps on the fly with the bar mounted switch. so I have to used a laptop,but stores up to 3 maps

s-r,what is the difference between the "several"maps that they use?how were the developed?are the a stock maps,that they add fuel,+or- to?do they come loaded into the yosh box??

the stock 02-07 hayabusa denso ecu that uses the sh7052 cpu has 256k of flash memory,there is an additional 512 bytes of seral eeprom memory on the ecu board.The yosh values are stored in the serial eeprom,when the ecu starts up it copies the yosh values into ram and fuel calculations then use those ram values to add or subtract fuel from the cpu.thanks rr for the info!

Last edited:
The Yoshi box is certainly better than Powercommander IMHO but Powercommander is the mainstream and there is more support for the average racer/tuner.

The Teka box by Factory Pro: Producers of the EC997 Low Inertia Eddy Current Dynamometer Series and Quality MC performance products has been around for awhile. They recently have a new version available. Flashing the ECU is the best thing for best performance. I don't know how well their Teka box compares to Petrik's ECU editor sw and Greg's interface box but I doubt they will ever have the abilities or future abilities of the ECU editor sw thanks in part of all who are using/testing it's abilities such as myself.

Besides, the Factory Pro guys are arrogant MuthaF@!%s...imo

I have a few issues going against me, wasn't a fair comparison I don’t think, but it didn't hit very hard.

Cool bottle, 1/2 full, no siphon tube and we had some issues with nitrous surging on the dyno with bottle in the hump bracket, ill get the bottle filled, and wait until there is no snow, warm it up and take another video LOL

it was snowing while i did this LOL

gotta get a proper bottle setup in there for temp/pressure and try again......when there isn't snow :(
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/nos.wmv

not as of yet LOL. Just had it tuned yesterday and tonight it snowed a few inches, so yep a warmer in the future or just make sure its good before i leave, i have nice roads for this about 1/2 mile from the house so i can set it up in the garage then go have some fun.

opinion on 50hp shot though? Hit much harder than this? Im a turbo guy at heart, and used to 15 psi or so most of the time, which hits a little harder than this hehe

not as of yet LOL. Just had it tuned yesterday and tonight it snowed a few inches, so yep a warmer in the future or just make sure its good before i leave, i have nice roads for this about 1/2 mile from the house so i can set it up in the garage then go have some fun.

opinion on 50hp shot though? Hit much harder than this? Im a turbo guy at heart, and used to 15 psi or so most of the time, which hits a little harder than this hehe

How much are you spraying now?

thats a 38 jet, picked up 52 hp on the dyno with it. I am guessing its down due to low pressure and possible siphon issue etc, just curious what to expect out of an actual 50 hp increase, did the video look lame etc compared to what others have experienced spraying.

Only time i have ever used NOS was on my turbo car back in the day, just a 40 shot but spooled the turbo instantly HEHE

thats a 38 jet, picked up 52 hp on the dyno with it. I am guessing its down due to low pressure and possible siphon issue etc, just curious what to expect out of an actual 50 hp increase, did the video look lame etc compared to what others have experienced spraying.

Only time i have ever used NOS was on my turbo car back in the day, just a 40 shot but spooled the turbo instantly HEHE

Low pressure will effect horsepower. If your bottle is upside down then dont worry about a siphon tube. The vid clip looked like a 30 shot. It will be a different story with a full bottle that is heated.

I've had one on my bike for years. Works great and a decent price. I have a LED light wired to mine in the dash so I know when the heater is on.

Back