Wiring Nitrous was never so easy

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
With this harness, and ECU Flashing you get:

Window Switch (NOS only comes on in the desired RPM range you specify)
Throttle Position > 85% (only comes on at ~ wide open throttle)
Secondary Ignition Map activates (you can pull timing when nitrous comes on)
Secondary Fuel Map activates (you can add fueling when nitrous comes on)

All possible with just your stock ECU (02-07 Busa)

Connections are cake.

+12V at Battery
Negative Terminal at Battery
Orange and Brown plug into the stock flapper valve solenoid
Black with tan is the map switching wire, insert this into pin 21 at the ECU connector
Mount the toggle switch
Plug in your NOS solenoid, WOOLAH!

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

Very nice, thats what i was wondering about, so you can have basically two tunes (or maps) one for all motor then flip the toggle switch and it will set on the secondary tune or NOS tune (map).

Better tgan that, flipping the toggle arms it, maps only switch when solenoid actually comes on

So putting around with nos armed still normal map, hammer throttle and start spraying and maps switch :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, is there anything you can't wire up? :bowdown:

How about a bomb? Can you wire me up one? (we won't tell anyone)

r8

With this harness, and ECU Flashing you get:

Window Switch (NOS only comes on in the desired RPM range you specify)
Throttle Position > 85% (only comes on at ~ wide open throttle)
Secondary Ignition Map activates (you can pull timing when nitrous comes on)
Secondary Fuel Map activates (you can add fueling when nitrous comes on)

All possible with just your stock ECU (02-07 Busa)

Connections are cake.

+12V at Battery
Negative Terminal at Battery
Orange and Brown plug into the stock flapper valve solenoid
Black with tan is the map switching wire, insert this into pin 21 at the ECU connector
Mount the toggle switch
Plug in your NOS solenoid, WOOLAH!

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

What makes the map? How do you load maps? I need the info I am thinking of getting rid of all of this power commander crap if this is doing the same thing but it must be proven first. Looks great where do you plug in to load a map? what software do you use? please give all info we need to know.:please:

Most of the info is available on my site here ECU Flashing

but to answer you

What makes the map? [you do in ecu editor and on a dyno preferably. Tutorial on how to make a nitrous map www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuvideo4.wmv ]

How do you load maps? [After creating a map, you use my hardware connected to the ecu to flash it, or you can build your own hardware to do so. Mine is nice and easy and clean.]

need the info I am thinking of getting rid of all of this power commander crap if this is doing the same thing but it must be proven first. Looks great where do you plug in to load a map? [you insert 4 pins from my small harness into empty spots on your ecu connector, the box doesn't stay on the bike, just a small harness used to connect for making changes. ]

what software do you use? please give all info we need to know. [ECU editor, link for software is available on my site, make sure windows has been updated recently. http://busaecu.redirectme.net/

My wifes bike made 160 hp on motor, 213 on a 38 jet being controlled from 6200-10800 at wide open only, we added approx 17% fuel and pulled 2 degrees of timing when it sprays. I am also using the air shifter harness I sell to turn your stock ecu into an air shifter kill box.

dyno sheet
Boostbysmithmotorwithnitrous.jpg

A quick video demonstration showing the ECU running the window and WOT switch for NOS. There are (2) 3rd gear roll ons in the video, the 1st with no NOS, the 2nd with a 38 jet spraying, but a very cold bottle with not much NOS left in it. www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/nos.wmv

Once i get the motor back in getting re-dyno'd as I added dual intake cams with adjustable sprockets, head porting, removed base gasket, increased fuel pressure 10 psi. Hoping to get 180's on motor and 230 on spray

Last edited:
I just added your site to my fav list damn wish I knew this before I bought all of this crap and hooked it all up. You have something very VERY good going here A couple of weeks and I will order one just to get my trunk back to where I can use it. Good job hope you site grows.:thumbsup:

Man, this flashing the ecu is getting better by the day with me. Just waaaaayyyy to many options for the price. Got to give you another "attaboy" Greg.:beerchug:

Back