Nitrous 101, class in in session.

Got it. Anything else I need? I'm going to install the spray bar today and hopefully I can get it on the dyno on Monday. I have the MSD engineer flying in on Monday to work on the SB6 on my big bike so I will send you both runs of the spraybar and wet kit. I'm only running a 50 wet on this bike.

Got it. Anything else I need? I'm going to install the spray bar today and hopefully I can get it on the dyno on Monday. I have the MSD engineer flying in on Monday to work on the SB6 on my big bike so I will send you both runs of the spraybar and wet kit. I'm only running a 50 wet on this bike.

Nope,that is all you need,just make sure the A/F ratio does not go above 12.4:1

So just to RE-CAP THIS, The test is what? That a 50hp "wet" "FACTORY STYLE"(meaning nozzle(s) UNDER throttle bodie's) WILL make more MPH in the 1/4 mile than Gixx 1300R'S 100hp "Dry" Single stage spray bar. N2O Kit's will be on the same 08 busa with the same Jockey, and same track. Is this Correct? Thx :beerchug:

12.4:1? Do you mean No leaner than this, or No fatter? Thx

Naturally aspirated engines operate with approximately a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio (lawn mowers and small engines). However, in Performance engine it's common to have a slightly richer air/fuel ratio,(high reving motorcycles and high performance cars) such as 13:1. When a power adder is used the ratio may be necessary to go as rich 12.5:1 or lower. That's because with power adders comes increased cylinder pressure and with that comes increased heat. And adding fuel actually keeps the combustion from getting too hot, which helps prevent detonation. High octane fuel will also help with detonation since the higher the octane the stable the burn ratio.

Naturally aspirated engines operate with approximately a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio (lawn mowers and small engines). However, in Performance engine it's common to have a slightly richer air/fuel ratio,(high reving motorcycles and high performance cars) such as 13:1. When a power adder is used the ratio may be necessary to go as rich 12.5:1 or lower. That's because with power adders comes increased cylinder pressure and with that comes increased heat. And adding fuel actually keeps the combustion from getting too hot, which helps prevent detonation. High octane fuel will also help with detonation since the higher the octane the stable the burn ratio.

Ahhh...... OK i gotcha....Thx

That is correct. I will be testing three different kits on one bike

My dry nos fogging the air box (40 shot)
Gixx dry spray bar multi-porting setup (100 shot)
Standard NOS wet kit (50 shot)

Everything will be dyno tested first and the track tested (real world as you say).

Ok toxsick rocket, back to you and our fuel pressure debate. Look at this dyno run of a 1397 busa and tell me what you think is happening. This pull was done today.

fueldropoff.jpg

That is correct. I will be testing three different kits on one bike

My dry nos fogging the air box (40 shot)
Gixx dry spray bar multi-porting setup (100 shot)
Standard NOS wet kit (50 shot)

Everything will be dyno tested first and the track tested (real world as you say).

:thumbsup: I cant wait to see some numberz(REAL WORLD:laugh:) :beerchug: Thx

Ok toxsick rocket, back to you and our fuel pressure debate. Look at this dyno run of a 1397 busa and tell me what you think is happening. This pull was done today.

Well, Looking at this with an "UNTRAINED EYE" :whistle: AND NOT being able to see your target AFR #, or ANY other #'s(side of chart is cut off) ??? , But "assuming" it would be around 12.5:1/13.0:1(going off what gixx sayz about keeping her a little fat on the spray, if thats whats your doing, running spray?), i would say that around 7300rpm's(+/- 100) The engine is starting to lean out a "LITTLE", Right? :dunno:

Redline on bottom graph is 13.0 a/f. What would be your guess of why its running lean? The injectors are maxed and its at wide open throttle.

Last edited:
Those are s2000 injectors. So do we need to go bigger than that or should they be big enough? Also, why do you think it stops pulling at 10k rpms?

Last edited:
Well, yes, i would have to say the fuel supply is still not big enough! If duty cycle is maxxed out, and it STOPS pulling @ 10k.......Theres not enough fuel volume. Thats ASSUMING all other factors are ok! I would have to believe 42psi would be just fine for this engine N/A, giving it had the VOLUME? Its running out of fuel.

By god I think he's see the light!!!! :cheerleader:You are correct it is running out of fuel. The stock fuel pump can't keep up with the demand of the engine. There is nothing on a stock fuel injected motorcycle that can tell the ecu what the fuel pressure is at any given point. It only knows its SUPPOSED to have 43lbs all the time. The ecu doesn't know that the injectors have been changed either. So with this stock pump at 43lbs and bigger injectors maxed out at WOT the pressure drops because the pump can't keep up.

Back