Nitrous 101, class in in session.

You can take a 100 shot dry and I can take a wet kit that makes less and I will out et and mph the dry all day. Not theory, thats fact. My dry kit on my bike is only to cool intake charge. My wet is the work horse. The best multi-port dry kit ever made that can even come close to a wet kit was $2800 and made over 300hp and still couldn't make the same mph that a 200hp wet kit made.

Here is a 1397 that I built and installed my First Dry Nitrous Spraybar on 3 years ago. I needed to test the limits of the stock fuel system. as you can see the max with the stock fuel pump and stock injectors is 279hp. That is with the Power Commander maxed out. It is lean a 14.1 A/F ratio. That was not a big concern since I ceramic coated the piston domes ,combustion chamber and valve faces. I dont have a bucket full of melted parts. The Nitrous specific Pistons have a thicker ring landing since I knew that at least a 120 shot dry was going on the bike. Nitrous Specific Piston should be used it you plan on spraying more than a 100 shot. It is cheap insurance and protects the pistons and combustion chamber from detonation. After this run I installed a set of S2000 injectors with the stock fuel system. That brought the Air/Fuel down to 12.2 when spraying and the bike has 330hp. It has been running like a clock for 3 year now with no problem.

The point I'm trying to make is with stock components and trying to spray huge dry shots. They are only going to take so much. Now you could have said all that without the extra parts and somebody will say "I know a 1397 that has that much spray and have no problems" but don't know what went into that motor to handle so much.

Stock Busa internals can handle 250hp on spray and 300 Boosted

You can take a 100 shot dry and I can take a wet kit that makes less and I will out et and mph the dry all day. Not theory, thats fact. My dry kit on my bike is only to cool intake charge. My wet is the work horse. The best multi-port dry kit ever made that can even come close to a wet kit was $2800 and made over 300hp and still couldn't make the same mph that a 200hp wet kit made.

Who's kit was $2800 and supposedly the best?

Some can and some can't. Not ever busa is created equal. You can have 300 busa's that can handle 250hp and then one that goes boom. I've spray over 300 hp on a stock busa before It finally came apart. I'm going to push the limits so when i do tell someone "it can only handle this" I know that for sure and not guesstimating. Hence my bucket full of scrap metal and aluminum. I'll blow mine up so you don't have too.

Daniel
Where have u been? Havent seen you in ahwile

Laying low buddy,Laying low,they beating me up around here on the boards with this internet price matching,so I'm reverting back to the shop work and providing tech support to my customers that don't just try to use me when they can. :thumbsup: I'm happy and enjoying myself though..Hope all is well on your end.. :thumbsup:

Some can and some can't. Not ever busa is created equal. You can have 300 busa's that can handle 250hp and then one that goes boom. I've spray over 300 hp on a stock busa before It finally came apart. I'm going to push the limits so when i do tell someone "it can only handle this" I know that for sure and not guesstimating. Hence my bucket full of scrap metal and aluminum. I'll blow mine up so you don't have too.

Like I stated above. You cannot spray more than 250 on stock internals. Normally a Busa goes Boom from a crappy tune that develops detonation. That detonation pounds the bearings. That will give you alot of damaged parts. Do you really believe that a 100 shot dry and take a less shot wet and the wet shot will outrun the dry shot?

I wasn't talking to you bro or gixx,talking to some of the nos gods on here that think they know nitrous..

Thats why its up to people like me you and Gixx to educate. We may not agree on the application but the end result is always the same. Thats why I'm telling everyone, I'M NOT SAYING NOT TO BY THE SPRAY BAR. Buy all means try the kit. I bought one myself to try.

Like I stated above. You cannot spray more than 250 on stock internals. Normally a Busa goes Boom from a crappy tune that develops detonation. That detonation pounds the bearings. That will give you alot of damaged parts. Do you really believe that a 100 shot dry and take a less shot wet and the wet shot will outrun the dry shot?

Thats fact.

It was tested by Lee Shierts on one of his 1000's. It was a spray bar (not yours). I didn't see the runs but saw the tickets.

Lets do some testing on this. I'll take my stock 08 busa and install your spray bar I have and also install a wet kit on it and take it out next weekend for some runs to see this and post the tickets. I'll have my jockey (Adrian "Mr. AC" Carr) make all the pass's. Daniel knows my jockey well and he is very consistant. This is not to make either or us look bad nor do I want to do that but just to see ourselves if this is true. Interested?

Ok fine, make sure you install the correct jetting for a 100 shot. But before you do here ae some quotes from some of my customers.

Twisties4me
"Do it right, get a spray bar to be sure you are getting even distribution to all four cylinders. There is no way to very that absent EGT testing, plug ring heat check or worse with only one nozzle. Gixx1300R (SPONSOR) makes an outstanding Hayabusa spraybar works very very well. Just my two cents. Since testing one I won't use anything but that from here on out for dry shots. "

BRUNOSBUSA
"hey greg thats whats on 07 busa im finishing now with a ported head and cam package,i will be ready to get it tuned end next week just gotta set up a time and place to do so,thanx greg and them spraybars are the only i will run in my stuff also,they work great and not as hard on the motor a buddy of mine picked up 2 teenths over single nozzle with the same size jet in the spraybar"

Twisties4me
At the Maxton Mile, NC attempting to better my personal best speed of 205.4 and any nos based ZX-14's best of 215 MPH. The record in this class is currently 218.02 MPH held by Ace Performance of Florida. Here for some fun and am testing out the new set-up. Its not drag racing but it still fills your need for speed.I ran a personal best of 212.6 today. Testing went very very well. Your spray bar was instrumental in our progress this weekend........

busa4speed
I know you have the guys telling you that there bar is good so take it from a guy who has one from Gixx1300r. I have his bar and it works very well I'm not saying that the other bars are not good. I only know that Gixx1300r bar works and like I said very well. My best time before having his arm was 9.72 and now it's 9.43 and maybe it's not all from the bar but I only know my time improved good luck.

14 cannons
Every bike i have installed Gixx1300r's bar on has run 2-3 tenths quicker and 4mph faster. Also i don't have to use the fuel trim for the outside cyl's to richen them up. This system is a lot safer and on average makes better use of the same amount of nos then any fogger we have ever used. I would recommend a bar over a fogger any day Bill.....

14 cannons
That is correct Gixx1300r i used the same jet. Pulled it out of the fogger and stuck it in this system. That's what surprized me.The bike was running into the traps at a 12.5/1 A/F ratio with the fogger,made two passes on bike with your bar and bike was going a little lean so i added 3% fuel. I did not change anything else,the bike wanted more fuel. This bike in my opinion needs no timing adjustments with this small a shot and the plugs are not showing sign's of preignition or flame soot blow out on the center electrode. I have set a/f at 12.5-1 now but won't get back to the track until next weekend. I will try the 14 bar now and post
pictures of install. Nick did you get the 14 spacers ready for sale yet. LMK Bill.....

slow1000
ok bought a spray bar from gixx1300r bike made 197 0n c16 wich is terrible for a 1430 but our dyno is low compared to carpenters almost 20 off but any way put a 28 jet in it the damn thing made 266 what the hell i was estatic the motor did push a little water though so im gonna use a smaller shot somewhere around 40 what size jet do you guys think it has 1/2ich studds in it and it still pushed water it doesnt do it on motor but any way if you dont have this spray bar you need to get one

Last edited:
PM me the info I need. We'll both get to see this and I will send you all the tickets and dyno runs before I post anything on the board. I did this test before but not with a spray bar so make sure you send me a list of what you would use if your were doing this test.

08 busa with bazzaz. When I tried this spray bar before it was on a 04 busa with a power commander and I tried it with a mps box. I'm going to use one of the new ones so I can start with something fresh. I will send you my findings before and afterwards.

PM me the info I need. We'll both get to see this and I will send you all the tickets and dyno runs before I post anything on the board. I did this test before but not with a spray bar so make sure you send me a list of what you would use if your were doing this test.

RIGHT ON!!! :clap: :super: I cant wait to see the results from this :fight: :popcorn:

I wasn't talking to you bro or gixx,talking to some of the nos gods on here that think they know nitrous..

LOL, Well i CANT help but take this as directed at me! Seeings how i'm the only other member thats posted in here! CHECK IT OUT MAN, if you "where" directing this comment to me, AT WHAT POINT DID I EVER REFURE TO MYSELF AS A NITROUS "GOD"? That's why im on here ASKING QUESTIONS!!! If i thought any different, i wouldn't bother comming on here and put up with guy'z like you! I've NEVER BEEN disrespectful on here to ANYONE, INCLUDING YOU, So how about the same in return? I know im no n2o gawd, But i'm no ROOKIE PUNK KID EITHER!

08 busa with bazzaz. When I tried this spray bar before it was on a 04 busa with a power commander and I tried it with a mps box. I'm going to use one of the new ones so I can start with something fresh. I will send you my findings before and afterwards.

Ok,start with a 48-50 and 52 jet to get a 100 shot. It all depends on you bottle pressure. Post up the dyno charts also and get some vid clips of the runs down the track. Do you need install instructions?

Back