Next purchase

marsman

Registered
Ok, looking for some honest feedback from current Busa owners.

Recent bikes for me started with 00 Katana 750 - needed more juice and went to an 02 954RR - needed more comfort and went to an 01 VFR - want to keep the comfort and get back the juice.

I am doing an increasing amount of travel by bike (2 week long trips planned for this season plus a few 3 day weekends) and am considering the Sprint ST from Triumph (comfort and speed), however I have always loved the look of the Busa (almost bought it instead of the Katana at the time but couldn't get it past the wife - divorced now so it's not a problem
biggrin.gif
)

Ok, so long story short: Does anyone do any serious touring on their Busa? And if so, what kind of set up do you have. I'm 5'9" - 190 lbs. and the VFR fits me very well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers,
smile.gif

One of the guys here..Pashnit does some serious touring miles..

Check out his website.... pashnit.com

Enough ideas to keep you busy for a while...
smile.gif

higher/taller windshield may also help! and +1 on the handlebar risers!

I do some serious miles and came from a Ducati ST4s (that I put 60,000 miles on). The Busa is better in everyway as far as I'am concern ! Changes
wink.gif
, well, steel Braided Brake lines because I don't like the mussy stock feel. Foot Pegs Lowered with Buell pegs and I added (well it's on order now) a Tobin Seat. I need the Tobin because everytime I hit the GO switch, my butt goes back 3" into the hump. I've done other things, but they don't relate to comfort. Buy it, you will NOT regret it for one minute and the Power is just unbelievable !!!  
race.gif

Ok, looking for some honest feedback from current Busa owners.

Recent bikes for me started with 00 Katana 750 - needed more juice and went to an 02 954RR - needed more comfort and went to an 01 VFR - want to keep the comfort and get back the juice.

I am doing an increasing amount of travel by bike (2 week long trips planned for this season plus a few 3 day weekends) and am considering the Sprint ST from Triumph (comfort and speed), however I have always loved the look of the Busa (almost bought it instead of the Katana at the time but couldn't get it past the wife - divorced now so it's not a problem  
biggrin.gif
 )

Ok, so long story short: Does anyone do any serious touring on their Busa? And if so, what kind of set up do you have. I'm 5'9" - 190 lbs. and the VFR fits me very well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers,
smile.gif
is this something you might be interested in?

DSCN0940.JPG

this is the bike before the tbags.saddel bags and expandable tank bag also just got my double bubble windscreen from my dealership

DSCN0938.JPG

I have done several long trips on my busa and I love it. I have not been uncomfortable for a minute. Last summer I did a 10 day 2,000 miles trip. I have soft saddle bags and I strapped on a moderately sized roll type bag on the passenger seat with bungies. I'm 5'9 and the bike fits me perfectly. You won't have regrets.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. And thanks for the link to pashnit.com - very informative  
super.gif

Just looking into insurance now  
down.gif
 Hopefully won't be the make or break!

Cheers

Good to see I'm not the only one who loads up the busa like a camel. The bike is fine, Marsman. What you really need is good hearing protection and a well sealing helmet. Sunscreen and an ipod wouldn't hurt either. bit of an edit, get a throttlemeister.

<!--EDIT|KennyMac
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140830457 -->

IMG_0450.jpg

had a guy on an cruiser check out the bike today (its primered,getting ready for paint) said he liked "the crotchrocket" but he had to be able to pack his cruiser down,i told him i could pack down "the busa" with as much stuff ,if not more ,than he could.............looked dumbfounded
and said no way .we were 11/2 blocks from house so i told him to follow me and i would show him.........shocked and intrigued is all i will say... he just said damn get outa here.
wow.gif

the busa is best all around bike there is speed ,comfort and able to carry everything needed for a week or two
biggrin.gif

I ride 142 miles roundtrip , everyday to work .....taller windscreen is a must !

Ive done the heli bars, sport touring shield, and TL foot pegs to make my touring easier on my body.  I ve gone cross country and also have ridden through Canada.  Making a another voyage cross county again in May on the Bus. I am 6'4 300 lbs.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141055421 -->

Hey Big E:

TL pegs as in TL1000? If so, is it to lower the pegs? Any adjustments to shifter, brake, etc?

Thanks,
Marsman

Hey Big E:

TL pegs as in TL1000? If so, is it to lower the pegs? Any adjustments to shifter, brake, etc?

Thanks,
Marsman
Minor adjustments (a snap  
xblueman.gif
) with the TLR pegs, and major (but nothing you can't do fairly easy) with Buell because the Buells lower the pegs about another 1"  
umnik.gif

I ride 142 miles roundtrip , everyday to work .....taller windscreen is a must !
Jesus, Murphy, you work in Columbia?
No , I live in Chapin on Lake Murray , ride to Chester for work ...anywhere from 64 to 71 miles "one way" depending on which route I take . Man I love it , long ride every day up the twisties of highway 215 , nothing but backcountry . Dodge all the deer and you're in for a great ride !
biggrin.gif

Ok, cannot find an Insurance Company??? I've tried several and as soon as I mention the Busa I get - Sorry, we don't provide coverage for that bike. I don't even get to the part about my license and driving record. I'm in Ontario, Canada and would love to hear from anyone (here) that has their Busa insured. Help
sad.gif

Back