Not quite a new owner....

onceuponatim

Registered
Hi folks.... Ive not bit the bullet yet but severely teetering on the edge....
Since passing my test in 2006, I've been running my GS500 almost daily (well the dry-ish days) and been telling myself that im gonna upgrade to a VFR 800 for ever...

However, I'm really falling for the busa!!!!

My main concerns / thoughts....

I need a daily commuter... 10miles
I want a euro-tourer - with luggage
A weekend runabout
comfortable 2 up periodically

...and Im a short arse 5' 3"

Now bearing in mind I need ONE bike to fit all...

what do ya reckon Busa gurus

:welcome: aboard!
The busa can do it all. :thumbsup: I think its the most comfortable of all my past bikes, it very nice to commute, great for trips and riding 2 up. You are just a lil shorter than me, so I would say that you will need to lower you bike and probably will be better to have your seat cut (new image) that will give you some room to flat foot the ground.

However, I'm really falling for the busa!!!!

My main concerns / thoughts....

I need a daily commuter... 10miles CHECK
I want a euro-tourer - with luggage CHECK
A weekend runabout CHECK
comfortable 2 up periodically CHECK

...and Im a short arse 5' 3" lower the bike, reshape the seats

Now bearing in mind I need ONE bike to fit all...

what do ya reckon Busa gurus

Yes. Do it.

Agree, it's a very comfy bike had the 061k, and my woman loves the seat and position, she not leaning on me with her weight , she sit up right and saves my wrist lol,

having just got this bike, I have quickly realized everyone of your concerns can easily be addressed with this bike. "get one before the season starts...", sanket_420

:welcome: to the .org

Best all around bike on the market.... :thumbsup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

i tour on my Hayabusa and use it for a runabout town bike.

:thumbs: good for all. :poke: and now i would settle for nothing less!!!:bowdown::cheerleader:

power power power! :cheerleader:

:welcome: What they said. You will find the busa to be a great all around bike. Can't offer any advice on the short bit, but I'm sure you could shave some height off the bike and make it work for you. It is heavy as sportbikes go, so just make sure you get get those feet on the ground :thumbsup:

OP: The Busa can certainly do all of the things you want to do but I wonder if you might find the reach to the bars is a little far when combined with a cut down seat. - I did, and I'm 5'10". I actually traded my Busa for a VFR and don't regret it. (I miss the power of the Busa but the VFR makes up for it in other ways.)

^^^^ What they said!!!!! Excep Rainbow!! :laugh: Busa's are awesome!! I ride mine everyday for work 80 miles round trip

Back