Next maintenance project - Tappet clearances

Did ya buy a Haynes manual yet, Wag??
wink.gif

In any case, based on its performace, I'm thinking I don't have any major issues at this point.  If you think I should play it absolutely safe, though, I'm all ears.

--Wag--
Definitly, checkin' won't cost nothing. Mine started with a very very faint ticking. I immediatly shut it down and had it checked. I wonder what may have happened if I ignored it.

In any case, based on its performace, I'm thinking I don't have any major issues at this point.  If you think I should play it absolutely safe, though, I'm all ears.

--Wag--
Definitly, checkin' won't cost nothing. Mine started with a very very faint ticking. I immediatly shut it down and had it checked. I wonder what may have happened if I ignored it.
Very true. Actually, your post disturbs me 'cause I was thinking that the first sign would be a faint ticking. Judging from all the damage to yours, I think I better play it safe and follow the book recommendations.

I thank you for your input.

--Wag--

Hey wags i have that haynes manual, if u ever need to borrow just let me know . u r only a hop skip and a jump away. dont mind jumping into the tahoe and delivering it to.

Hey wag...I just had mine checked ( I'm at 14,500) and none were out of spec..but now I sleep better knowing all is well...better safe than sorry I always say...I did manage to get the throttle bodies synced last weekend and thanks for your post on the sync you did..it helped tons.
smile.gif

Hey wags i have that haynes manual, if u ever need to borrow just let me know . u r only a hop skip and a jump away. dont mind jumping into the tahoe and delivering it to.
It just occurred to me today that I need the tools first.

I checked with the dealer and they didn't have the Haynes manual so I'll go find it on line.

However you're always welcome to drop by and visit. Got some peops comin' over tomorrow if you care to drop in about 10:00-ish.

Ciao!

--Wag--

Hey wag...I just had mine checked ( I'm at 14,500) and none were out of spec..but now I sleep better knowing all is well...better safe than sorry I always say...I did manage to get the throttle bodies synced last weekend and thanks for your post on the sync you did..it helped tons.
smile.gif
Glad you're off and running!

--Wag--

Back